Costco Lovers!

Started by purelife, Mar 06 08 01:59

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

[FONT face=Arial][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"][/SPAN][/FONT][FONT face=Arial][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"][/SPAN][/FONT]

[FONT face=Arial][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"]That seems odd.  It says right there in their little blurb, that Costco Cash balances may be used toward membership or merchandise.[/SPAN][/FONT]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

Speaking of new policies.....I thought 'they' were working towards making gift certificates being honored on the same basis as cash.  It IS after all, paid for.

Anyways, I don't know of this.  That would be a pretty crappy way to do business.  For any store.

Michel

P.C.

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][FONT size=3]This is from the Costco Canada website. [/FONT][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"] [/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]The Costco Cash card can be used as: [?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[UL] [LI] [DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]A convenient payment option in our warehouses, gas stations and on costco.ca[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[LI] [DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]A perfect gift for family, friends, colleagues and clients[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/DIV][/LI][/UL] [P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]Costco Cash cards make a great alternative to carrying cash or credit cards; they do not expire, are rechargeable and can be purchased in denominations from $25 to $1,000*. [o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][o:p] [/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"]Members may check their balance on costco.ca, in warehouses by swiping the card at the red kiosk, or by calling the toll-free number on the back of the card. [o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][o:p] [/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]Members can buy Costco Cash cards for non-members**,[/FONT] though only members can reload the cards. [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffbf"]Costco Cash balances may be used [/FONT]toward membership or merchandise or gasoline at any Costco location in [?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /][st1:country-region w:st="on"]Canada[/st1:country-region], the [st1:country-region w:st="on"]United States[/st1:country-region] or [st1:place w:st="on"]Puerto Rico[/st1:place].[SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN lang=EN-CA style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-CA"]*Costco Cash cards are sent with zero balance. To activate your Costco Cash card, please contact our customer service at 1-800-463-3783, Monday to Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (ET), and Saturday, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (ET). An agent will be happy to activate your card for immediate use.[/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][o:p][FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff80"] [/FONT][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff80"]**A 5% surcharge applies to non-member purchases on Costco.ca.[/FONT][/SPAN][SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'"][o:p]

[/o:p][/SPAN]

Michel

P.C.

There's gotta be SOME perks for membership.   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Michel

[span style="font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline;"][/span]

purelife

Looks like the surchage is only for purchases made online, not instore.  

I'll have to ask Costco the next time I was there.  I totally forgot to ask yesterday.

Many businesses like Costco for their bulk quantities and cheap prices.  I've seen many people walk out with over 20 jugs of 4L milk!  

Michel

P.C.

Ok....case solved.  I just called Costco to inquire about balances on Cash Cards.  There is no policy that says you have to spend the amount on the card or less.  You can spend 10 bucks on a $500 card.....and the card would then be good for $490.   If you spend $600 with a $500 card.....the $100 dollar difference must be paid in cash.  You can use the card until the balance is exhausted down to the last dime.

Michel

P.C.

You're welcome Michel.  Sounds like a good option, doesn't it ?

JJ

I went to Costco on Monday to buy a few groceries my list consisted of bread, coffee & peanut butter.  I ended up with suitcases!  Tell me how does this happen?  It doesn't happen at any other store just Costco.   I think I need to quit cold turkey!

Lil Me

Well, it could have been a pool table or a boat...so maybe you're lucky that you escaped with just suitcases.

(they are great suitcases, btw.  And if you have so much as a broken buckle, you can exchange them for a whole new set!)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|