The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Greenhouse building hey PC? Thats an idea.. how big and out of what? I know you talked about it.. but what are you going to grow inside of it.

We had one in the backyard of our house in vancouver but it came down when SOMEONE accidentally was shifting their truck and hit the side of it.

Our neighborhood had a block party yesterday. There was vancouver's finest and firefighters everywhere. Including a band called the 'purple pirate'. Unfortunately it was a kiddie band and I couldnt convince them to sing "highway to hell". They did sing "row row row your boat" however.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

lol Russ.  I wonder who that 'SOMEONE' was.  I can't even imagine.

It's not a free-standing greenhouse...we're actually building it onto the house, accessable from the back door.  More like a 3 seasons porch.  It's going to be about 20 X 6.  Our neighbour had their whole house redone with new windows, so they gave us all their old ones...so they will make up the 3 sides from about counter height, to the ceiling....the bottom part will be sided the same as the house...and also a door to exit from the side.  

I mostly want a place to winter over a lot of the bedding plants.  I'm getting tired of buying new stuff every year for the planters, when so much of it can be kept....if you've got the proper conditions to keep it. (and the space)....of which we have neither.  Stuff is just getting too expensive to turf it every year.  And maybe to start a few things for the planters that need to get going in February...and a jump start on the tomatoes.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]lol Russ.  I wonder who that 'SOMEONE' was.  I can't even imagine.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]It's not a free-standing greenhouse...we're actually building it onto the house, accessable from the back door.  More like a 3 seasons porch.  It's going to be about 20 X 6.  Our neighbour had their whole house redone with new windows, so they gave us all their old ones...so they will make up the 3 sides from about counter height, to the ceiling....the bottom part will be sided the same as the house...and also a door to exit from the side.  [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]I mostly want a place to winter over a lot of the bedding plants.  I'm getting tired of buying new stuff every year for the planters, when so much of it can be kept....if you've got the proper conditions to keep it. (and the space)....of which we have neither.  Stuff is just getting too expensive to turf it every year.  And maybe to start a few things for the planters that need to get going in February...and a jump start on the tomatoes.  [/div]  
 I tend to agree PC.. our neighbor has a green house type room in their backyard, and certain outdoor plants we put in there. We also because our hottub hasnt been working in a while, will put the plants in the hottub room which will keep the plants warmish over the cold months.I wanted to rebuild a smallish greenhouse however so I can grow some limes.. I have noticed I have gone through ALOT of them the last few months for some obscure reason.. lol.

I now have three black composters in teh backyard.. two are fullish, one is not. We also put one in at Starfishies house for them to use, but her sister and brother seem to think a composter is too blackmagicish to use however.
The one we accquired from some some gracious souls on the island went to my grandparents in port alberni.. and did they ever use it.. it was full faster than ours!

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Growing LIMES ??  WOW...now THAT would be nice.  I would like to have a full Mojito Garden.  So far I only have the mint...which I call my Mojito Tree.  But LIMES !  That would be awesome !

We're cutting it kinda fine for having the greenhouse ready for this fall....but we're going to give it a shot.
I'm glad your grandparents got some use from the composter Russ.   (lol at Starfishie's spooked sister and brother)

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Is it a good call from Germany Gopher?

PC: Yeah.. limes would be nice, but I would only get one if I could get one or two lime trees partially grown. I would need to make some sort of greenhouse thing then.. would be interesting to see if I could. lol.

Gopher

Russ wrote:
Is it a good call from Germany Gopher?

Yes, it was from someone I hadn't spoken  to for over 15 years.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

49er

Get a dwarf lime tree in a pot and move it into the garage in the winter.  I have one of these dwarf trees  in my backyard and cover it with a plastic sheet whenever frost is forecasted.....get lime all year long

JJ

Sounds like a great idea where do you find a dwarf lime?[/DIV]

Orik

took an elbow in the teeth, now i have a fat lip and a small scab, ouch. the part that hurts worst of all is that 2 of the teeth are broken and a large chunk of the enamel has come off, it is really deep, i dont know how the hell it goes from one tooth right to the next one. maybe it was a veneer on it ? perhaps lise can explain this one...  it is really deep, the nerves are almost exsposed.

I dont want to think how much this is going to cost to repair [img style="width: 51px; height: 31px;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/10.gif[/img]

Lise with all your Knowledge on or is it in dentistry, do you think you can give a ball park figure what this might cost me to fix ?

I guess I do not need to mention how painful this is. I have got to see a dentist on saturday wish it could be sooner but i just got back from a short vacation to get some very much needed rest. So no if ands or buts about this one i must see a dentist and it will be no choice but to use that credit card again. sighs. :( what a shitty week this has been.

[img style="width: 136px; height: 98px;" src="http://i26.tinypic.com/2wezbpc.jpg[/img]

[img style="width: 138px; height: 128px;" src="http://i28.tinypic.com/v7h1es.jpg[/img]

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

JJ

Maybe Lise knows if the dental students at UBC still do work for cheap at UBC.

Russ

JJ wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Maybe Lise knows if the dental students at UBC still do work for cheap at UBC.[/div]
This is a good idea JJ.. never thought of that!

I remember something about that from friends when I was younger and they didnt have dental care monies.

Sportsdude

Renault's F1 race team fixed a race by ordering one of their drivers to deliberately crash so the team's top driver could win a race.
[a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8258987.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8258987.stm[/a]

This seems borderline criminal considering someone's life is at stake when they get into a race car.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

JJ wrote:
 Sounds like a great idea where do you find a dwarf lime?[/DIV][/DIV]
 it was years ago.....but I thing from Home Depot

Russ

[em]JJ wrote:
[/em]  [div][em]Sounds like a great idea where do you find a dwarf lime?[/em][/div][/div]49er wrote: [div style="font-style: italic;"]it was years ago.....but I thing from Home Depot

JJ: Ive got some calls into some places around for prices and information on a normal lime tree and dwarf lime trees.. Ill post some info when I get some.

|

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Was Secret Agent 007's last name "Bronco"?:
Type the word delicious twice:
Is Washington state larger or smaller than a basketball?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview