The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Im sorry Gopher.. but Im with PL on this. I have the AC unit I installed in my living room running currently.

I picked up a brazil visa today... not sure if im happy or not about that. lol.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Had AC running all day at work (with a hoodie on).  It's the "stuffy" that bothers me more than the heat.

Going to Brazil. Russ?  Going to get some nuts?
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

I has a sick.

Coffee, advil, vitamin C, green tea, Chinese cough syrup.

Then some Doritos because I was at work and wikkedly hungry.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Brazil nuts are yummy!  When are you leaving?

Oh dear, Lil Me... hope you're feeling better soon and can get the rest you need.  Take it easy.

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Russ wrote:  As for the lime trees.. I called a number of places around here. Only one that said they could get me one was garden works.. and not till late november early december. Said it doesnt have to be a dwarf, I could limit it easily by just keeping the pot small.[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"][span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]They said on average between 30-50 for a tree? Does that sound about right 49er?[/span]

I'm not 49er....but I'll answer anyways.  His prices are likely to be a LOT different than ours.
30 to 50 sounds about right to me, Russ.

[div style="overflow: auto; width: 100%;"][div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Lil Me wrote:  I has a sick.[/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"] [/div]
Awww, Lil Me.  I hope you are on the mend soon.  

Do you ever wonder if you're working yourself ragged ???  Hmmm?  Well, didja ?
[/div]
...and....Hi Miss purelife.  Hope you are feeling excellent !!!

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Hey Miss P.C.!  It's nice to see you around again.  It has been too long.

I'm getting excited that time is flying by quickly.

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I can imagine your excitement Miss purelife.

I've been around...just not posting so much.  I just bop in...check to see what's happening (which isn't too much these days) and then I'm outside.  We're really rushing to try and get this greenhouse completed before the cold nights devour the plants I'm hoping to winter over.

Yesterday we tried to get the long wall up.  We constructed it flat and then tried to heave it into place.  I told Sawdust we clearly needed another set of hands because I was afraid it was going to go up....and then over.  It's 19 feet long....so it's really heavy....well, mostly awkward.   We enlisted the neighbour's two strapping boys for this morning, to help us get that one up. Soooo, off I go.  

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Yeah miss PC.. it IS a pain to do something like that. We did the fence at my parents with the frame concreted in teh ground first, then screwed the cedar slats on. I think that section was 80 feet long.. that was part of the section that went across the creek.

Good on ya to get it done!

Ive taken my pool down and now have a big dead spot of grass in the backyard. It looks like a crop circle.. and cause of the dead grass thats half rotten it smells like langley. lol.

Today I was working on my Toy.. finally got it insured and moving about today. Getting the onboard air and the second gas tank working again. I discovered I wired it wrong when I wasnt getting gas out of the discharge to the second tank. so I turned it off then pulled the return line.. I blew into it and looked in it.. just as my buddy turned it on. I got a face ful of gas. So I flushed my face with a bit of garden hose for a bit, lol.

LOL, no brazil nuts.. well maybe acutally. Those things are usually pretty good.

Sportsdude

The nightmarish weekend is over, finally.
I drove to Bellingham to pick up a prescription (it'll be my monthly deal now). I didn't want to leave the Cliff's beach area north of the city. Total bliss.

I figured somewhere in BC i.e. Sunshine Coast would have become my 'get away' locale, Wash just has qualities of home on some level.

Sportsdude

I'm worried I just said goodbye to a friend for the last time.  

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
I'm worried I just said goodbye to a friend for the last time.  

Thats hard.. I know when I went away the last time and said goodbye to my grandmother... it WAS for the last time. I knew it too.

Anyhoo.. Im going back down to work on the Toy.. hopefully without the same adventures with Russ n Gas as yesterday. Today will be Russ n Welding.

Gopher

I got stuck in an elevator this morning.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

Gopher wrote:
I got stuck in an elevator this morning.

That sucks.. hopefully its not too inconveniencing? How long were you trapped in the lift? Was there anyone else in there with you?

|