The "I have nothing Interesting to Say" Thread

Started by Lise, Feb 06 07 02:40

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

P.C.

It's an antifragrance plot and you're part of it MADAME !!!

I feel so bad.  I don't know what to say.  I knew I'd screwed up when I thought my reply didn't post, as I didn't see my avatar.  I noticed right away, that I had posted within your post.   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/a045.gif[/img]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Our company had a similiar memo sent to everyone.

This one was about the use of heating up your food in the microwave.

Every floor of our company has at least one microwave with the exception of the lunch room where there is two.  One of the floors has the boardroom and people have complained that someone has been microwaving strong smelly food that permeates the entire floor.  

Everyone in our company was told to eat at the lunchroom and not to microwave our lunches in the shared microwave and to not eat at our desks.

First of all, there are only two microwaves at the lunch room and over 300 employees.  Second of all, most or all of us are super busy and don't have the time to go take the elevator, with your food, hoping that the microwave is free for use.  We might as well not eat between noon and 2pm because it's super busy at these times.  

Nobody on our floor is caring about this.  They still continue to microwave their food at our shared microwave and eat at their desk.

I understand that some foods like boiled eggs, sardines or anything with a strong fishy smell, when microwaved, can stink up the entire room.  That's why these people who bring that sort of lunches are told to eat in the lunchroom.  (and I would too if I ate these types of food).  But, we were told that if we don't have a handle on this matter, our microwaves will be confiscated.  I honestly think that they should've emailed that one particular floor who had the problem instead of sending it to the entire company and making everyone else suffer.

P.C.

I suppose the smell of some foods wafting through a business space somehow suggests a lack of proffessionalism....somehow.  I mean, even something as harmless as tomato soup has a way of mutating into some kind of  terminal BO.  

On the other hand, the degree of intolerance is becoming a little too much.  

purelife

I know in the hospitals, there are signs that say something like "be considerate of the fragrance you wear."  I can understand this because there seems to be many people who complain or are allergic to anything smelly.

For me, I get a headache if someone is wearing too strong of a perfume.  Diplomatically, I told one of my colleagues that her perfume was strong and she agreed.  I found out that she would spray herself after a smoke and she didn't realize how strong of a smell it was until I mentioned it to her.  (some people didn't say anything to her and would talk behind her back or complained to her supervisor) She was thankful in the end that I told her.

P.C.

So what fragrance do you wear Michel ?   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c032.gif" border=0]

purelife

I remember Michel smelling REALLY nice when I bumped into him.      

P.C.

For me, I get a headache if someone is wearing too strong of a perfume.  Diplomatically, I told one of my colleagues that her perfume was strong and she agreed.  I found out that she would spray herself after a smoke and she didn't realize how strong of a smell it was until I mentioned it to her.  (some people didn't say anything to her and would talk behind her back or complained to her supervisor) She was thankful in the end that I told her.

You know....if it has to be done, this is the way I think it should be done.....on a personal level.  I get bugged when a couple people's complaints become 'policy'.  

P.C.

Oh ya......[FONT size=6]I FOUND MY KEYS !!!!!   [/FONT]

JJ

Congrats PC, in what safe place did you find them in?  

Maybe that should have been the next impossible question.

P.C.

Thanks JJ.  

I didn't realize how much this little annoyance was badwordling at my mind, until I found them.  

I have a black iron grid on the back wall of my closet.... that the key had gotten hung up on .....so it didn't get to hit the floor ( I had searched the closet with a fine tooth comb...TWICE).  It must have fallen out of a pocket (which I also searched every item of clothing with a pocket SEVERAL times).    

Michel

|