Quotes?

Started by TehBorken, Mar 01 06 08:58

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

"Trucks? It's good! Let them come across the border! We will take all we can get!"

- Jean Chretien  In response to a question about cross-border drug trade, in a news conference in front of Bill Clinton, having misheard a question about "drugs".

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

submit to you that if a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live.  Martin Luther King Jr.

Speech in Detroit, Michigan, (23 June 1963)

weird al

[FONT face=Arial size=2]The poor man who is currently our president has reached such a point of befuddlement that he thinks stem cell research is the same as taking human lives, but that 40,000 dead Iraqi civilians are progress toward democracy.[/FONT]
                                   [FONT face=Helvetica size=4]Molly Ivins,[/FONT] [FONT face=Arial size=2]JULY 25[/FONT]

Gopher

"What dreadful hot weather we have. It keeps me in a constant state of inelegance."

-  Jane Austen.    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Thread Cop

"I came, I saw, I conquered"
by Julius Caesar

Gopher

1)

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured and far away". - Thoreau

2)

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist". - Dom Helder Camara
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

Thread Cop wrote:
"I came, I saw, I conquered"
by Julius Caesar

"I saw, I conquered, I came."
by Hugh Hefner  

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

Flipping the national bird

"I have much more important things to do than this crap."

[!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_232526--]Yves Leterme, Belgium's prime minister-to-be, who was forced to admit he didn't know the national anthem. Asked to give a rendition by a television crew, he sang La Marseillaise (France's National Anthem)

------

and you thought North American politicians were bad. lol This guy's party is the equivalent to the Bloc Quebecios they want Flanders part of Belgium to become free country. They speak Flemmish (dutch) while the french part of Beligium speaks French.

Sportsdude

[em]'You know, the President — it is no secret — sometimes makes grammatical errors.'[/em][/p] White House Press Secretary Dana Perino, on Mr. Bush's recent comment, during a speech about education, that 'childrens do learn when standards are high'[/p]

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

weird al

I forget who said this:

"A man may be a fool and not know it....but not if he is married."

Sportsdude

Car buyers had better get used to the idea of V6 engines being the biggest engine choice available, as smaller turbocharged motors will become the norm and not the exception, said DeLorenzo.[p class="textBodyBlack"][span id="byLine"][/span]"The reality of the new fuel economy regulations hasn't even begun to hit home with the American car-buying consumer yet," he said. "They'll be in for a shock."[/p]
[p class="textBodyBlack"][/p]hahaha

Sportsdude

"We've had a few lost-time incidents but for a big project like this involving the number of people that this project involves, we're above the industry average."

-Const. Howard Chow, a Vancouver police spokesman about the death of construction worker on Canada Line.

[a href="http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/vancouver_bc_crane"]http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/vancouver_bc_crane[/a]

Sportsdude

"In France, many young people don't study the right subjects"

Agnes Urhweiller
Montpellier careers office

[a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7293992.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7293992.stm[/a]

Hmmm what's wrong now? We can't be what we want to be in life? god, not everyone has to be a stupid business major.

Sportsdude

"I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on,"... "that found how Senator Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."
- Hillary Clinton as of this morning

"I can't believe Senator Clinton would say anything that dumb." - Charles Rangel

"Here's what she's really saying to party leaders: There's no way that white people are going to vote for the black guy. Come November, you'll be sorry.".... "The answer, which Clinton implies but doesn't quite come out and say, is that Obama is black—and that white people who are not wealthy are irredeemably racist." - Eugene Robinson writer for the Washington Post

"We can't win with eggheads and African Americans." - Paul Begala long time Clinton aid, strategist

|