So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

It's going alright.  I'm downloading some music and just relaxing.  I'm getting tired so will be heading to bed soon.  

Tomorrow, I'm hitting the waters for swimming.  :)

How is your weekend?  How's Lise Jr enjoying the snow?

Lise

Swimming in winter? Brrrrr...... my nipples hurt just thinking about it. Hehe.

She loved the snow. Had to watch her like a hawk in case she picked some brown snow though.

Any plans 4 Valentine?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

hee hee.. I meant at the swimming pool, indoors.  

Yeah, lil kids love to touch everything and anything because they don't know any better.

Nope, no plans yet for v-day.  I guess that I should do something special this year.  I'm really not into it.

Lise

Still cold even though it's indoor swimming. I hate it when you have to get out of the water and run like a freak just so you can dive into your towel. I totally hate being in a swimsuit. Feel like all eyes are on my body. Ugh.

If only my body looked like Angelina's.................... ah, the chi force I could create from the men around.

I'm not a fan of Valentine's Day either. Too commercialized and they always charge an arm and a leg for flowers.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Yeah, I hear ya Lise.  It can get uncomfortable when you feel that people are eyeing you up and down.  

I would just get flowers at Save On Foods.  They're cheap all the time no matter what.  I'll probably get him some chocolates and flowers.

Lise

That's true. Costco has roses for cheap all year round. Think they're $20.00 or so. How sweet, you getting your guy flowers and chocolates.

I told my hubby no flowers. Am somewhat allergic to them.

I think I'm going to do a gourmet meal for him. Maybe. He should come up with something equally good.... like washing the toilet.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Gourmet meal sounds very thoughtful, Lise.  Yeah, he better clean the toilets or change poopy diapers or something to top it up.  Or, he can give you a full body massage in the oils of your choice.

One time, my guy couldn't afford buying me a b-day gift, so, he said that he would give me massages for a week.  OMG, the best thing EVAR!

Lise

Awwwwwww..........................he's so sweet. Send him over so he can teach my hubby a thing or two.

I would prefer to have gifts that do not cost money. Massages, simple help around the house, taking the kids off my hands for a hour or two... those would be nice.

Hm. Maybe I'll write him clues upon clues leading up to Valentine Day. The first clue will have a good spot right in front of the wall where his throne sits.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Do you like baths with the bath bombs and rose petals?  Perhaps he can do that for you and give you a nice massage.  My guy didn't know how to massage until he met me.  I taught him.  You kinda have to do that sometimes if you want the best.  ;)  hee hee...  

Russ

Hey all, Hotpot was great. Ended up getting too much stuff again.. so had 9 people over and ate away lol. We ended up throwing in things I dont remember being hotpot but RSS said is normal..

Hey Lise, we went to T and T at metro (have I mentioned how much I hate metro? RSS was laughing at me). We bought one of those double pots for 21 bucks, the butane stoves there were 30 bucks, so we decided just to use my propane camping stove. After there we decided to hit crystal market like what you suggested.. ended up seeing the same pot for 16 bucks.. then four stalls over saw another stall with the same 23" pot AND a butane stove for 27.99 so we bought that and returned the other to T and T. Told them it was 'bunk' as the reason. You should have seen the girls reaction to my response. RSS was laughing into her hand.

Also found that your suggestion to buy the individual things for hotpot instead of the combo's was better. We didnt have anything left over, and we got a bunch of my friends that havent had that before taking down lists of what to buy and where.. We intend to try hotpot camping next time lol. Its really good for a night of socializing. We are currently playing monopoly.. drinking beer and if theres a screwup and the rest of us 'vote' it as so we make the person take a shot of jagermeister.

Hey, does anyone else have the digital TV box from shaw? We just got two of them here, pretty good for movies and programing.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Your hotpot sounds wonderful.  I wanted to get a hotpot but not until I live in a bigger space and  have a proper table and such.   Now I know to get it over at Crystal.    

P.C.

I would like to learn more about 'hot pot'.  Why does this just sound like soup to me ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Good Morning everyone!
Got up this morning went over to the other house to look at the damage from the ice storm and its not good.  Those tall pine trees that are like 100 meters tall we've got one in our backyard over there it has no more branches on its trunk and looks like its going to fall over onto the house.  Then there's a giant oak tree that lost a lot of branches and this fern we have thats laying on top of the roof as well. Hope this next round thats suppose to come today isn't as bad as the first round or my old house might have some serious damage.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Hey Russ. Hehe. Funny story about your hotpot. Told you it was cheaper at the Crystal Mall. Things are cheaper there, even the raw ingredients. I only shop at T&T when I want to get certain items that I know I can't find at the Crystal Mall.

You don't have to dump everything into the hotpot all at once, Russ. I always make sure I have some leftovers stored in the freezer when I can't finish up everything. So here's what I do, put aside what you think you need for the hotpot then put the rest away in a freezer bags. Put in the refrigerator for the duration of the hotpot, in case you or your guest want more, just dig in and get some. Then when everyone's had their fill, just dump freezer bags into the freezer for next time.

The next time you do hotpot, thaw ingredients overnight in bottom shelf of the fridge. Be warned though, if your stuff is frozen solid and you dump them into the hotpot, you might find the middle frozen when you bite into that so make sure you thaw them properly.

And yes, PC. It's a soup thingee, awesome for a winter meal. It's the equivalent to your comfort food of meatloaf. Well, to  me anyways.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Would it be somewhat similar to a fondue method ?  (sort of)

I'm so very curious.  It sounds enjoyable, and something I'd like to try......but the whole thing is a mystery to me.

Could you give a step by step......right up to how it's eaten ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|