So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Well I'm off dinner awaits everyone have a great weekend and be safe out there.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

I've heard that you can get a stand and sit stroller for cheap too. It's ridiculous the prices they charge here, especially at Toys R Us.

*sigh*

OK. Bye. SD.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Ally

My sister in law has the sit and stand.  She doesn't like it.  She's had to go to TJ's twice

because of problems with it.  It's difficult to steer as well.  

Have you seen the philandteds double?  Much cheaper in the US.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

purelife

Wow, what an awesome looking stroller.  So, I'm assuming that the baby gets the lower one?  

Lise

Really? I thought it was all the rage now, the new sit and stand stroller. It's too big for my taste but apparently you can get a smaller version down in the states.

That's a great stroller, Ally. Wow!! I want to get one just like that. I saw this lady pushing it in Gastown and asked her where she got hers. Told me from Germany but they don't make it here and I've never seen it.

Have you seen it in the states, Ally? If so, where?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Ally

Yes.  Baby goes below.

I have the Urban Buggy.  Again cheaper in the US.  I paid almost $800 in Canada for it by the time I had the rain and sun covers.  It's about 500 here in the states.  I'm not getting the Urban Buggy double though.  Too wide.  It'll be the philandted for me.  
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Lise

HOLY!!! $800 to $500 for one!!!! HOLY CRAP. Sorry. That's way out of my budget. (rolling jaw back onto face)

If I had known about this one before buying my stroller, I would have bought it. I already spent like $500 on it so I could get the carrier that came with it.

Yikes........ thanks for the heads up. I just saw their site too. Wow.

[A href="http://www.philandteds.com/cat.htm"]http://www.philandteds.com/cat.htm[/A]
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I also find the choices and selection far greater in the States also.

You made mention of shopping locally, Ally, but sometimes I just can't do it.  I purchase Cover Stock 'paper' for wedding cards etc. and I pay $15.99 (plus exchange) at a paper company in the States, the same product (same company, same brand, same quantity) is $72.00 here.  Ivory envelopes are considered a 'special order' here and are a ridiculous price.

What can you do.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Ally

Babies world carries it in Vancouver.  I am checking as to where to find it in Washington.  I will let you know asap.  I only have 1 child and had decided that that's the stroller I would get, but hadn't actually looked for it!

You could order online from philandted.com

You can order from babyproofingplus.com or amazon.com.  I have used both sites and was incredibly impressed with them.  Also [A href="http://www.joggingstroller.com/"]www.joggingstroller.com[/A]

The b.o.b revolution is an awesome double stroller too.  

I just hate the sit n'stand.  When I look at my 3 year old niece sitting on the seat.  She's uncomfortable.  It's a hard seat and the baby seat sticks into her.  There's also no way to attach a coffee holder  and zipper attachment to the handle.  I was steering it the other day and it's awkward and heavy.    

Ally

I know I am a believer in supporting local economy, but man you can stretch your buck SO MUCH FURTHER IN THE US

Ally

I don't feel so guilty now though because we are living here, earning US money and buying US.  

P.C.

I don't feel guilty.  I used to, but I wonder sometimes how necessary it is for the price of some things.  I mean, give me a break.....an ivory coloured envelope is a 'specialty item'???  I'm sorry, it ain't THAT special.

I do shop locally when I can.....and I always LOOK locally FIRST.  

You sound like you've got it made, Ally......no need for guilt there.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Ally

I know but when we come back to Vancouver later this year I struggle with this *swallow* but I think I'll be coming down here several times a year for major purchases.

Lise

I wouldn't feel guilty at all if I had to spend money in the states and it's cheaper.

Thinking about that stroller, Ally... doubt I would buy that. Not only for the price but I can tell you, Lise Jr will not want to sit underneath. She won't be too happy about the view. I can't carry lots of stuff with that stroller. Am used to dumping all my bag and stuff underneath.

If you do buy this stroller, lemme know if this is a good product to invest in.

Babyfest at Toys R Us is coming in February. Might have some good deals and new products.
Bill Cosby.

Ally

yeah i know i just try and do what's right for the economy.  o migosh my daughter is awake and just pulled something off the mobile above her head.  

|