So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Ally

Okay.  Baby awake now.  I must tear myself away from the computer!

Bye everybody!  
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Lise

Ah. That's so cute. My little one is asleep and the other is playing around. Thank goodness for all the toys in our house. I think our home looks more like a playpen than anything.

Oops. Crickey. Gotta run. Just heard a howl...... bye, Ally. Nice chattin' with ya.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Wow. Our babies in sync!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I always adored Erma Bombeck.

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck

(written after she found out she was dying.)

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love you's." More "I'm sorry's."

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute...look at it and really see it ... live it .and never give it back. Stop sweating the small stuff.

Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what. Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.

Let's think about what we are blessed us with. And what we are doing each day to  promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally, as we only have one shot at this and then it's gone. I hope you all have a blessed day.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Ah, PC. That was lovely. Thank you indeed. We should all cherish what we have every moment of it and not lose sight of the bigger picture.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yup life is precious enjoy every minute of it.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

We had brunch for lunch...

eggs, ham, bacon, breaky sausages, and toast.

Dinner for tongiht will be hotpot. We are heading out to TandT once the Godfather movie is over.. I will be buying the hotpot dookicky that lise recommended then..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

What a coincidence, Russ. I'm making hotpot tonight. It's the cool temperature that makes me do hotpot these days.

Good luck with your buying your hotpot stuff. Lemme know how it works out.  
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Lise

Hotpot. Get a pot, fill one can of chicken broth then add water, put whatever you want into the pot (seafood, chicken, beef, etc etc etc) and bring to a boil. Easy peasy.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

oh cool! thanks.  I wanted to bake fish tonight but everyone got up and arms because last time I stunk the house up and burned the pan. oops!  

Lise

Aha. That's too bad.

Gotta run. Little one's awake. Take care.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

alright you take care yourself  

purelife

Good evening everyone!    

Lise

Evening, darlin'. How's your weekend doing so far?
Bill Cosby.

|