So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Morning Russ and everyone else!

How was your weekend Russ?

Russ

Morning Purelife, hows things treating you today?

Had a good weekend. Lots of little snags, little chilly, but we had a HUGE fire so there was no problems with that.

There was four trees down on the way in and out. So we had to stop, use our chainsaw, then pull the logs out of the way.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

You're really prepared, chopping down trees on your way.  That's awesome.

My weekend was great.  We got this bed that my guy's sister had and she didn't like it.  She says that it's too FIRM for her.  We've been waiting for a proper queen sized bed because we have been sleeping on a crappy double futon for years.  So, we're super happy.  We have a dresser too.  So, we ended up cleaning our place on Saturday and visiting friends on Sunday.  We had pho twice.  LOVE PHO!

Russ

Pho sounds good PL.. hmm, wonder if I should have some of that for lunch today.

Theres nothing bad or better with respect to getting that bed.. Waste Not, Want Not.

Yeah, its pretty much a must to carry a chainsaw during the winter or when its windy/ stormy. Lots of chances for trees to fall.. or firewood is needed.

I actually just saw a post of a guy on another board I frequent that I saw on our way out.. a few hours later this happened:

[img alt="" src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v690/RunnerRyan/DSC00153.jpg" border=0]

There was a washout on the logging road and he couldnt stop in time.

purelife

Oh no.  That's terrible.  That's not his vehicle is it?

If you're in downtown, there's this pho place that isn't too bad if you'd like to know where.

Russ

ok this is crap. this board is getting worse. It just lost another of my posts.

Yes, its his FJ cruiser Purelife. It would be alot worse for him if it wasnt his and he had just borrowed it.

Um, I think ill avoid downtown pho miss purelife.. cause its downtown. Im going to go to the one across from Bonn's on Broadway.

purelife

Is he okay?

What?  Your post got lost?  You can try PM'ing Teh Borken.  He might be able to help you.  

Enjoy your pho.  

purelife

We're ordering in Greek food for lunch today for my Manager's b-day mini-party this lunch.  Yummy food from Stephos!  

Lise

Whoa! That car looks really bad.

Stephos is yummy. Hmmm... missing Greek food. Ever tried Minoas on Kingsway, they're delicious!!

I'm not too crazy about Vietnamese cuisine downtown. For some reason, Vietnamese food (or any other food) taste better when you go further away from the core. Maybe the food's catered for tourists who have substandard taste. Hehe.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

that new food fair at pacific center has a pretty good vietnamese place, i think it is called vina's.

that thai place there is awesome.

P.C.

The wind here is frightful again today.  Our power was out all night, and came back bout half an hour ago.  There is a wee lull right now......I'm hoping it's moving away.  I have been avoiding the room that my computer is in, as it's got the lowest roof.

I watched an Inconvenient Truth on Sunday. WOW   If  THAT doesn't inspire people to make some changes, I don't know what would.   I mention that, as the severe weather we've been experiencing is disturbing, and  it's got to make you wonder where all of this is going.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

I haven't seen the movie yet PC but from what I heard, it's pretty good and a wake-up call at that. It does make you wonder about the weather we've been experiencing lately. Yikes.

Pretty dreadful morning. Snow coming either tomorrow or the day after. Wonderful. I'm so tired of snow.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I've been to that new Thai place in Pacific Centre.  It's pricey but the food is good.

I have yet to rent An Inconvenient Truth.  Our company is lending copies out to staff.  I just haven't ventured upstairs to borrow mine.  

Yeah, I don't really trust Pho downtown, but this one cafe that I go to, is pretty good.  I'm impressed.  And it's the only pho place around my work.

Lise

What's the name of the pho place, purelife.

Pacific Centre has a new food fair? No way. I haven't been down to the Pacific Centre in eons. Vina's is s'okay.... when you're in a hurry. There's a fast food Vietnamese take-out in Tinseltown that's not too shabby.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Morning Miss Lise.

This pho place is across from the Tax Centre on West Pender (near Bute).  It's called Joyeux Cafe.  It's owned by Vietnamese people.  Their bowls are a bit smaller than others for $6.30 but still good for downtown.

Oh Lise.  How much does it cost for the patient portion of the lab costs?  My dentist charges me $100 for the Extractions.  This $100 is to cover the tables with the blue drapes and stuff.  Does this sound about right?  And my extractions are at about $275 per tooth (the most expensive extraction).  I have 3 teeth and I am pretty sure that my medical will cover 100%.  I am just waiting for my Insurance Company to confirm.  *crossing fingers*

|