So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

CK

Mmmmmmm! I want meatloaf now! I haven't had that in years! P.C., have any leftovers for CK?

I think the Pho I have had in Calgary is better than the Pho I have had in Vancouver? Probably just depends on the restaurant?

G'Morn. It is windy here today too. I think winter is finally hitting!? Its been like mild September weather here since the end of November. This weekend is a boarding weekend. My boy is spending Saturday with my Aunt and I am heading to Lake Louise with a couple buddies (gf is working). Can't wait! is it Friday today???  

Lise

LOL. Nope, CK.. last time I checked it's still Wednesday.

Lake Louise is da bomb! Went there eons ago and it literally took my breath away. Beautiful lake. We went there in summer time so we did a bit of canoeing. It must be frozen solid this winter.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

CK

Hasn't been that cold so far this year. Cold enough for the hill to get a lot of fresh snow mind you. The hills in BC and Alberta are having the best snow year they ever had in over 15 years.

I imagine Whistler would be buried by now?

P.C.

Mmmmmmm! I want meatloaf now! I haven't had that in years! P.C., have any leftovers for CK?

Awwwww....unfortunately Mr. P.C.'s request is always a 2 parter.  He likes a meatloaf sandwich the next day.  I never had meatloaf growing up, so it was kinda new to me after I got married.  It's rare fare around here, because it's just something I never think of......but every once in a while he just gets a hankering.

I didn't know we had snow when I first got up this morn......but there's a goodly amount out there, and it's still coming down.  Hubby just called to say he made it safely to work......phewww.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

CK

That is always a good feeling when a loved on gets to their destination safely. Funny, my gf wants me to give a quick email, or phone call when I get to work...even though I walk to work?? (only when it is snowing). I do the same with her, but she drives. I guess walking, you can still come across hazards.

Funny, we used to have meatloaf growing up, but I haven't had it in a long time. Maybe if I beg my mom next time I see her!!

Lise

Whistler is having a blast of a snow season. Great time to go skiing or snowboarding now.

Ah, that's so cute that your GF wants you to call her. The same goes with me. We always call each other whenever we go to work when the weather's horrible. Y'know, just to make sure everything's ok.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I can't wait to go up to Mt. Seymour for snowshoeing next week!  THE SNOW!

Good morning everyone!

I walked to work and didn't see Downtown blanketed in snow.  What the heck?  

Lise

Morning, purelife. Yep, snow snow everywhere. Yesterday was too windy. My husband was walking downtown and a block away the windows shattered on a building right before his very eyes. Scary.

Anyone seen Supersize Me? What a wonderful documentary. I highly recommend this movie. Now I won't be touching McDonalds for a few weeks. Yeeeow.    
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Morning all,

Yes miss Lise, saw supersize me in theatres. I still eat mcdonalds on a rare occassion, never ate too much of it at all.

I LOVE a good meatloaf. I grew up having them from my mother. Theres a comfort food place closer to the PNE that I have been to a few times, its well worth it there...
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kingy

where is this comfort food place near the pne?? i live in that neck of the woods.

Russ

Ill see if I can find the address and name. I cant remember either. LOL.

Little farther than right at the PNE but its closer to the PNE than to me... More like the commercial drive area, lol.

heres the map where it is:

[A href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1447%20Commercial%20Dr.,%20Vancouver,%20British%20Columbia&hl=en"]http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1447%20Commercial%20Dr.,%20Vancouver,%20British%20Columbia&hl=en[/A]

heres the description linky:

[A href="http://www.foodvancouver.com/dining-guide/restaurant.php?restaurant=504"]http://www.foodvancouver.com/dining-guide/restaurant.php?restaurant=504[/A]
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Ally

Hey DS'ers!

Good afternoon!

I'm 2 cups of Timmy's in - no food yet.  Baby teething.  Busy.  pant pant.

I was supposed to come up to Vancouver today, but my mom said that the weather up there is not that great.  She has a few inches of snow where she lives.  Crazy.  And it's supposed to freeze tonight.  Skating rink arriving.  

Is it really that bad?    
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

purelife

Lovely picture there, Ally.  :)

It's really bad in areas like Burnaby, Delta, Chilliwack, Abbottsford, Surrey, New West, etc. It's snowing hard right now.  We're expecting a few more inches.  This isn't going to be fun again.  Skytrains this morning were super crowded and delayed.  

Have fun at BodyWorlds Russ!      

Ally

Hmm...well it looks like I made the right decision then.  

There's a slight smattering of snow here in Seattle, but it's mostly gone(just looking at the roof of the house across the street).  

I have the fire on in my living room and am wearing my soft velour outfit.  Cozy!!
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

Lise

Finished shoveling the damn snow off our driveway. Fracken snow. I'm so sick of shoveling the driveway.... *mumble mumble curse curse*

I'd stay away from Vancouver for the next couple of days, Ally. Forcast says there's more snow coming. Saturday, maybe.
Bill Cosby.

|