So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Gut the tank, or the fish as well?  lol  Have fun, Russ.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

Speaking of gutting fishes, have you guys ever been to a fish processing plant?  It's pretty amazing how quickly they turn a whole salmon and gut it to fillets.  

Lise

Morning all. How's everyone cuppa joe?

LOL. I hear ya, man on the fish tank, Russ. I had a huge fish tank, spent $$$ on it only to find I literally killed all the fish I brought back within weeks. Took me one year of cursing and hardship before I finally gave it away. I had to give it away despite spending so much on it because I couldn't keep any of fish alive.

EDIT: Just read your story about the angelfish there, Russ. They're agressive fish. I never put any fish in there with them unless they're those bottom feeders.

What a weird morning! It was sunny, I was just about to head out for a walk with Lise Jr and then it rained turning to snow and now it's dry. Weird.....    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

purelife wrote:
Speaking of gutting fishes, have you guys ever been to a fish processing plant?  It's pretty amazing how quickly they turn a whole salmon and gut it to fillets.

I haven't been to one. Stinky, right?  Isn't there one in Richmond by Steveston?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

I haven't been to a fish processing plant, but I remember in school one year they took our class out to the abbatoir right after lunch.  That was a disaster!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

Rain turning into snow and then sunny?  That sure is weird.  My coworker was telling me that across Canada, it is pretty sunny but it has to be Vancouver who opts to be the oddball.  She said that Calgary is very pleasant.  

Did you end up walking Lise Jr when it got sunny?

I'm not sure if there is one on Steveston but I used to work for one at River Rd.  Yup, stinky, really stinky.  My clothes always reeked with salmon smell.  I got verrrrry used to it after a while.  It became my new perfume for the day(s).  

purelife

So Lise, how's that vibrator you're sitting on working for ya?  

Lise

Yeah, we were all set to go walking but then it kinda rained on us. We might go for a brief walk before lunch, hopefully not get wet.

Salmon smell is sooooo gross. Ugh. I've been to a cheese 'factory' in Amsterdam. Part of the tour. I walked out within minutes. Had to stop gagging and appear like a noob.  
Bill Cosby.

Lise

purelife wrote:
So Lise, how's that vibrator you're sitting on working for ya?   [/DIV]
     Works like a mint.   Too bad I've worn the batteries out a couple of times.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh, that's too bad that it's battery-operated.  I prefer the quick and simple recharge.  ;)    

Lise

Well, purelife.... it's not only battery-powered, it's also electric so I can use it to no end. Endless supply of awesome power. Join me in trying it out one day, right?
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Oh cool.  Thanks for the invite.  I'll have to try when I'm over at your place next time.  I've been wondering if it's worth the investment.  My guy was going to buy me one but opted for the foot massager/bath thingee instead.  Endless power...SWEEEEEEETTT!

Lise

In a nutshell, I would say anything that vibrates is goooooood.

So what's everyone having for lunch today? I might do fried rice. Something easy and edible.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

So true Lise.  

Fried rice sounds yummy.  I'm just going to have my frozen lasagna entree or I might opt for a baked potato from Wendy's.  Not sure yet.

Lise

I miss lasagne. Maybe I'll make the dish (as in microwave it too) and make it for the family. The one from Western Family (big size one) is pretty decent. Feeds a lot.

OK, I gotta run. You take care, my dear.
Bill Cosby.

|