So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Ally

Hi Tenkani.

I need to take advantage of this time that baby sleeps and do something productive!
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

purelife

How was everyone's lunch?

I had some baked chicken with cous cous and hummus.  Mmmm....yummy.

Ally

I had a bowl of mini wheats with a glass of Naked Red and a banana and some frozen mango.
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

purelife

Ally

It's a juice.

Here's direct off the bottle

It's called Naked.  Flavour is Red Machine.

2 lbs of fruit in every bottle.  The all natural super food.  100% Juice

Smoothie.  Sort of like Happy Planet Juices, but cheaper(although Happy

Planet at Costco in Van is cheap).

purelife

Ahhh...ok.  It's a nice name for 100% juice.  ;)

kingy

happy planet is super expensive. where can you get some naked red?

tenkani

Ah, turkey sandwich on toasted sourdough with avacado slices and a Pepsi One.
Speaking of healthy drinks, I'm hooked on something called "superfood" by Odwalla. It looks funny and unappetizing (it's a vibrant dark green) but it tastes phenominal IMHO and gives me the power to telekenetically manipulate invisible objects. Bonus!!  

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

That's funny, tenkani. I've never heard nor seen that product before. What is it exactly?

Super healthy food this Christmas? Eh. Nope. I'm not holding back. It's chocolate everything this Christmas. Yummy!

I'm going to make chocolate fondue for New Years. Hmmm........................
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Grrrrr. They have a link for ingredients but it's borken    :(
Here is all those dirty bastards were willing to provide...

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(64, 127, 0);"]Great green garden. Smooth, sweet, bold and lush, this concoction is a tasty way to help fulfill your daily fruit quota. This sweet and fruity blend combines a multitude of foods – creating a delicious, empowering experience with a concoction of vital micronutrients- from vitamin A to vitamin C to many essential minerals.

[/span][span style="color: rgb(64, 127, 0);"][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"]Yes, but WHICH minerals? The kind that turn good patriotic Americans into godless long-haired hippies???? Apparently.[/span][/span][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(64, 127, 0);"]
[/span]
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

Oh, green drink.  I like those green power drinks...delicious.  it comes with everything!

Lise

Green drink? Like what you take for working out?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Ally

Like Happy Planet clean green and extreme green(I prefer extreme green)

You can get 2 full size bottles of Happy Planet extreme green for $8 at Costco.  They're about $6 each at Capers, Safeway etc.

Russ

Does anybody drink that pomegrante juice? Its supposed to be really good for your heart and stuff?    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

I've tried a sample once. It was.... interesting. The fruit itself was rather messy.
Bill Cosby.

|