So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

OMG. A makeup box? Ugh! Not that we want to sound ungrateful there but honestly, men have no clue in general. Sorry guys but that's the gawd honest truth.

What's a blue box?

I'm getting a bunch of books that I've pointed out. I should get some good reading when I'm not glued to my butt here and typing on DS.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

CK

Lise wrote:
OMG. A makeup box? Ugh! Not that we want to sound ungrateful there but honestly, men have no clue in general. Sorry guys but that's the gawd honest truth.

[FONT size=6]BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! [/FONT]

CK

ok, so buying my GF a toilet brush and some Mr. Clean was NOT a good idea???????

Lise

CK, you flirt! How did you know that would brighten a girl's day? Mr. Clean... ooh. The possibilities.

As a general rule, guys should not buy his woman an appliance (unless of course, she desires it and can use it in the bedroom), clothes (because her taste is NOT yours), soap package (because that's telling her she stinks) or mere gift certificates (which means you didn't take enough time to shop for her).

So the best Christmas gift is the one that she will appreciate. Like making her breakfast in bed, taking her out on a dinner night, taking the kids off her hands for the time being.

As my husband would say..... "Too high a price to pay" then hands me my gift. At least he's thoughtful enough to put a gift receipt in it so I can exchange it.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

CK

yeah, just kidding on the ol "mr. clean" idea! Of course I would include Comet too!

My gf is spoiled beyond being spoiled!  BRAT...cute.. brat!

She is getting a nice jacket she wanted for snowboarding. CK Jr. got her a nice watch she wanted. plus a trip to Orlando. and a few other items, such as me...in a bow remember! heheeehehe!!

Oh, I got her some nice red sexy panties too..but they may be opened early for Christmas eve..and hopefully are just basically tried on for size....

Russ

Well, see.. I dont have that problem, I flat out ask what is wanted (I also asked purelife's advice).  

Now, I just still have to go get the stuff. Ack, Im having trouble getting off my ass and going, lol.

Its gonna be a long day for me and an early morning. Bunch of friends drinking and eating turkey at a buddies place after gf gets off work, then off at 6am for the ferries to vic.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Blue box is given when you shop at Tiffani's.  It's crazy busy there.  It's about a 2 hour wait for service.  I would never buy anything from them because all you're paying for is the god-damn name.  And who knows who made the jewelry.  Could be slave labour from Seirra Leone...nope, not my thing.

Ally

Yep...little blue box is Tiffany's.  I'm a bit of a sucker for their stuff.  

Never buy your woman an appliance unless it has been specifically requested.  
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

tenkani

I don't know yet.
Good morning.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

purelife

I have to admit that their stuff is beautiful.  But after watching Blood Diamonds last night, it changed the way I feel about what I purchase and from whom  

Hiya Tenkani.  My oh my, what a picture.  Avril, right?

purelife

Never buy your woman an appliance unless it has been specifically requested.  

[/DIV]

appliance?  like microwave, toasters, blenders etc?  That's a gift?

The only "appliance" that is electrical that I would like is anything sex-related.  Ie. vibrator...

Lise

Hehe. I wouldn't want to open a present and seeing a vibrator in there.... could be embarassing in front of the family. I bet Lise Jr. would go; "what's that mama? can I have one too?"

Morning tek. Is that image of Avril drunk?
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Avril Drunk? Looks more like Avril Vomito.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

Ugh. You're right there, Gopher. Yucko.

Ah, thanks for clearing up about the Blue Box. Tiffany's, eh? I wonder if that's on Paris Hilton's Christmas Wish List.

I can't wait to watch Blood Diamond, purelife. It looks good.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

It's just soda pop.
Avril says "good girls DO spit."
P.S. Lise your avatar and mine should hook up.
I still don't know, but I'd better figure it out soon since the coffee cart closes in an hour.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

|