So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

Russ, It's a shame you have been delayed with your exams, but nice for you that you can spend Christmas with your folks.

Hope the spat between your parents isn't anything serious, just shopping stress.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

tenkani

Hiya, Kitty.
Whenever I visit this thread after a few weeks away I have to decide whether to try and read previous posts (which would mean going back over pages of content to get the proper context) or just wading in with my big size 13s like an ignorant jackass. Can you guess which method I usually choose?

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

kitten

The long, involved method, naturally.    lol!

tenkani

You're waaaay too kind.
Unfortunately I've got a pathological case of the lazies, which is why I always ask "what did I miss" in the hopes that some kind soul will helpfully encapsulate a month of posts into a couple sentences, or at the very least an easily digestible paragraph.

You know, I've been away from my computer for a week or so and was forced to take public transit and bring along a stack of good books. READING. I had forgetten what it was like to actually read a WHOLE BOOK    :O

Spending too much time on the computer, I've discovered, encourages a lack of attention span, at least in me. If I want to know what's happening in Israel (or whatever), I hit a blog and quickly gulp down a short article. It just hit me recently that the Internet is not a good substitute for more in-depth study. I think it leads to shallow understanding of world events and intellectual laziness. The problem is, I'm hooked     :(

kitten

I've noticed the same thing about being hooked on the Internet.  I probably spend far too much time looking up snippets of information that interest me, while missing the larger picture.  I still read, but I'm down to two or three books a week where it used to be a lot more.

You have been missed here, tenkani.

weird al

Yeah, I agree that the internet saps the attention span but, like, whatever...

kitten

On the other hand, DS has my complete attention while I'm on, so maybe that's a good thing?

P.C.

tenkani wrote:

Erm, for Lunch it's "Sunlee Crab Flavored Rice Stick".

God that sounds so appetizing.    

I don't know, tenkani.....that looks like a giant weeny to me. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c032.gif[/img]

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

OMG TENKANI!  I've missed you here.  It's good to know that you're doing good.

tenkani

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]"I still read, but I'm down to two or three books a week where it used to be a lot more."[/span]

Ok, your post made me feel like an illiterate yokel. But we all need a little humility now and then    ;)

Wh00t Hay PL, P.C. and Weird Al!!! My crabby rice things weren't half bad!!! Of course, they weren't half good either    :(

kitten

All it means is that I have a lot of spare time to indulge myself, tenkani.  I only work 4 hours a day so there's lots of "me" time for me to waste any way I want.

tenkani

Don't sell yourself short. I admire anyone who reads that much. You are my new hero!
What do you like to read?

kitten

Mainly science fiction.  I've been reading it since I was a kid.  I'm still surprised at the creative imagination of some of the writers.

weird al

kitten wrote:
 Mainly science fiction.  I've been reading it since I was a kid.  I'm still surprised at the creative imagination of some of the writers.

kitten, did you ever read any Robert Sheckley?

kitten

I have, but it was some time ago.  Isn't he more into the horror genre, or have I confused him with someone else?

|