So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

I thought the same.  Warm lettuce???  But if you say so, I'll take your word for it.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

I've cooked lettuce before.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I recall when hubby said what he was making, I believe I said "I'll pass thank you"   But everyone ooooo'd and ahhhhh'd, so I decided to try it.  For the most part, the lettuce stays crispy and the cold dressing and parmesan take the heat out immediately.  It's just that little bit of char that makes it so yummy.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

So it's cooked on a high heat and quickly, is it?

P.C.

It is Kitten...usually we have it with steaks.  So when they come off the Bar-B to 'rest', wait a minute or two, and throw on the romaine.  High heat.....quick ! (you'll amaze your friends....lol)

kitten

My friends would be amazed if I bought a barbeque, since I live in an apartment.  Granted there's a patio, but unless I find a way to nail it to concrete, it will develop wings one night.

Sportsdude

you could always get those portable ones but they require charcoal.
George Forman Grill does pretty well.
Or broiling in the oven.
Hamburgers in a skillet.

It can be done.

P.C.

OK.....I'm dining.   Be back later

Sportsdude

see yeah, I feel like a glass of wine for some reason.  

Russ

Get a small portable camping one, with a separate stand kitten. Ive got that, its quick to set up and take down. I use it for camping though.

Happy appetites all.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

CK

Happy appetites indeed!

Boring ass lunch here todday! Salmon buns w/veggies and black beans.

YAY its Monday! (insert sarcasm meter stuck on high here).    

kitten

Good morning, CK.  Nice to see you again.  I'm thinking about the coffee that just finished brewing.  It smells SO good when I first get up.  As you can see, it's Lazy Monday for me.  Did you have a good weekend?

P.C.

CK !!!!! [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g086.gif" border=0]   I missed you last time you were in. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/e030.gif" border=0]

Yea.....Mondays.....rainy Mondays......rainy melt the beautiful snow Mondays. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/c020.gif" border=0]  

CK

Weekend was great.

bought a nice tobogan sled and spent the weekend sledding with my son and some friends.

had a fire in a park and made it a wiener roast for the kids. hot chocolate and a lot of playing in the snow.

It was surprisingly good exercise!

I am not down it is Monday, I am still waking up, and I agree, coffee in the morning smells like heaven!      

CK

P.C.!

well, it is supposed to get really Chinooky (I am not sure if that is a word), here and melt all the snow by the weekend. I wish it would just stay around -5 to -10 to keep the snow powdery!  

|