So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Im with kitten on this one, more meats then sweets. What oil(s) did you use PC?

That sounds good, I might get serious on getting a fondue pot. Along with a hotpot..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Thinking of food, I just finished a couple of egg rolls with plum sauce.  Yummy!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

We used Gruyere and Emmental with a couple capfuls of Kirsch and white wine.  Made it just like you would a regular cheese sauce, but with only a teeny bit of flour and butter.  The flour helps it not 'break down' while over constant heat.  You can dip your heavier breads in different liquers before dipping in the sauce.    MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm.....yummy  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

I used peanut oil.  It has a way higher smoking point than other oils.  (You can keep it hotter, longer without it smoking)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

We did fondu for the super bowl back in 2001 I liked it (but then again I like everything) then we all got on each other nerves and left the house (oh the humanity yelling over a fondu dish lol).  Anyway we haven't done it since but will try again for new years with sea food. last time it was just bread and shrimp put we didn't know what we were doing. (hence the madness, mom got upset that nobody liked it)  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

Why not give her a recipe book for fondue as a Christmas present. SD?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

brilliant idea!
my sister wants a mac computer but I'm not forking over a grand for a computer no way she pays half I'll pay a quarter and my parents can pay a quarter (cheapest model costs  1,000 dollars) I rather have an HD tv but thats just me lol.

Russ

I have heard great things about Mac computers/notebooks. Im thinking about purchasing one as my next after this one gives up the ghost.

No issues with viruses at all, meaning no slowing down of the computer due to an anti-virus or anti-spam program always running. A window system is also able to run dos/windows operating systems as well, so you can run all the same things that a typical pc runs.

kingy

macs are nice computers but the price tag just isnt worth it at the moment. and the software selection isnt that great either.

Sportsdude

I grew up on macs have this old old old old powerpc (I was like the first generation powerpc circa 1994?) Anyway it still works flawlessly. Problem is when the internet got huge it never would except flash ware (thats how old it is) So we had to get a new one around 2000. lol thing never crashed or anything.  

Russ

kingy wrote:
 macs are nice computers but the price tag just isnt worth it at the moment. and the software selection isnt that great either. [/DIV]
 I fully agree that they are expensive and there isnt much software selection. But my new laptop while being loaded and super fast its actually SLOWER than my last two laptops due to all the programs running to stop spam, spyware, and viruses. Not to mention the programs are costing me over 300 per year for the licenses. With teh window you can open to run win compatable programs I can run all the same stuff I need now. I used the one that my friends wife had and it was FAST compared to mine (one year older) with no virus problems, and I was able to use all the games and programs I use now in the 'window' for windows programs.

Is my thinking wrong? I was under the impression while more expensive they had alot more bang for the buck, just with less software. When I found out she had a window for running windows programs it seemed really attractive to me.

Sportsdude

apple computers are a lot more people friendly. They've always prided themselves in being that way. Individualistic. They come with a ton of cool features.
I don't play games on my computer so that doesn't bother me. Plus with PS3 and XBOX 360 out there the consoles have caught up with the computers and now are more powerful and better when it comes to games.

purelife

Speaking of computers and viruses, have you ever tried using the Linux platform, Russ?   I have a friend who will be replacing our Windows with this wonderful Linux.  It's an awesome platform.  I heard that there are virtually no crashes, no viruses and best of all FREE!  FREE is a such a lovely 4-letter word.

purelife

Hotpot, that's something that I will be buying for sure when I have a bigger place.  You come up with wonderful guest entertaining ideas PC.  You must love and enjoy being the host.  :)

purelife

Is anyone planning on going to an event on New Years or is it going to be an at-home celebration?

Me just curious...

|