So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

P.C. wrote:
We used Gruyere and Emmental with a couple capfuls of Kirsch and white wine.  Made it just like you would a regular cheese sauce, but with only a teeny bit of flour and butter.  The flour helps it not 'break down' while over constant heat.  You can dip your heavier breads in different liquers before dipping in the sauce.    MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm.....yummy

Sounds absolutely divine although my hubby might balk at alcohol. Does it evaporate as you cook? He can't take alcohol because of his religion which is why I'm asking.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I'm staying home. Last time I went out I got shot by a bunch of rednecks on top of a house in the middle of nowhere with a bb gun.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

I'm staying home.  Lise, the alcohol is denatured through heating.  It just adds to the flavour, but it is no longer alcohol.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

Ooo..that's no fun.  Yeah, home's safer.    

Russ

Hey purelife!

I didnt realize you came online in the evenings!

Uh, Im quite computer illiterate with pc's so it was an amazing step for me to upgrade to IE 7.0. Give me a computer on an engine and I can figure it out and troubleshoot or modify it.

Im loving 7.0, and I still dont know all the differences from the older one. Whats the advantages with Linux? How would someone like me install it?

Yargh! Another phone call! Is the moon full tonight or something? My cell is ringing off the hook.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

hee hee...I'm kinda sneaking computer time here at my other job.  I'm not supposed to be on the internet...but I'M SO FREAKING BORED!  So, I had to be sneaky and I just want to get into trouble...kee hee....  Anyways, off now.  I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

CIAO!  and sleep well.

Umm, no clue on how to install Linux, Russ.  Our techie friend does everything.

kitten

Russ wrote:
 Yargh! Another phone call! Is the moon full tonight or something? My cell is ringing off the hook.

Just shows how many people love you, Russ.  Either that, or they're asking for donations.  

Russ

Ill probably be having another get together here at my place for New Years if Im still in town. My company seems to be forgetting they have me in school and keep sending me travel details, getting more desperate sounding too.

Last year I had about 40 people here. Everyone seemed to be splintering so I had the party here to get all of us together on new years. It was good cause people would stop by for a while then go, or came right before new years to be with all of us. We all pitched in money (I made sure of it this time cause it got expensive) and we bought lots of food and appys. As well as 7 bottles of champagne, which didnt last long at all, lol.

Im trying to get the Hot Tub fixed though. Theres some issues with it like no heat and leaking water from teh plumbing everywhere.  

Sportsdude

bye bye purelife

yeah that wasn't the only memorable thing that or odd thing that happend that night. It just was an odd night in general. weird very weird.

Sportsdude

I switched to firefox 2.0 haven't looked back since.  

Russ

kitten wrote:
Russ wrote:

Just shows how many people love you, Russ.  Either that, or they're asking for donations.  
    Ha! Ill be back in a few lol, the neighbors car has a dead battery. Gotta go jump him.

Russ

Ok, have a good night SD, kitten, and guests... Im off to bed, got to make it into school tomorrow as I missed today.    

kitten

Goodnight, Russ.  Sleep well.

Russ

Morning, hows everyone today? No coffee but a can of coke for me. Any ideas on lunch?

purelife

MORNING RUSS!

So, are we invited to your New Years Eve party if we chipped in?!  Huh?!  ;)

Hmmm, lunch.......how about a fruit salad with a can of tuna.  That's what I'll be having.  Or, you can have a panini.  I don't know the area where you're at but if you're in downtown, I've got this one place that just makes the best paninis.  MMMM.......

|