So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Michel wrote:
Sportsdude wrote:
[em]Michel, why on earth would you set food in an Urban Fare? The place needs to be condemned.  
[/em]  
Butt butt butt I was lured there by a counterrevolutionnary element comrade attorney, it was not my idea...

unacceptable! You only go to Urban Fare with permission and only to 'study' the lost inhabitants and their pathetic ways.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Hi Lil Me, P.C., Michel and SD.
What's wrong with Urban Fare, SD?

I'm not sure of the name of the house plant but here's a pic.  The cool thing about this plant is that the leaves grow to be so big and it can loop around things.  My mom and MrPL's grandma has one and it's huge!  So purty.   I wish I had more light in our home because I would love to have more plants.  The next plant I'm going to buy is a spider plant.

[img style="width: 424px; height: 563px;" src="http://i40.tinypic.com/255m0ap.jpg"]

P.C.

It's BEAUTYFULL miss purelife.  It looks like a Norfolk Pine....but I can't really tell.  That's a beauty.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Wait.  On closer look, it may not be a Norfolk Pine.   Maybe an asparagus fern ?

Lil Me

Hey!  Nice plant, purelife.  Lucky girl.

Had a pretty brutal day.
 Network crashed at work for the 2nd time this week.  Spent the morning troubleshooting, then rigged a temporary solution by plugging the fax/printer directly into my computer with a USB cord, so the fax/printer is now sitting on the floor beside me...
 Waiting for the IT guy to come fix tomorrow.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Lil Me !!! ....sounds like you're packing around your own full moon.  Next week has to be better.

Beverage ?  

purelife

Thank goodness it's almost the weekend, huh, Lil Me?  

The plant kinda looks like an asparagus fern.  I'll find out for sure this weekend when Grandma comes over. :)  I hope this plant survives in our home.  The last plant I purchased (a small ficus), the leaves kept falling so I took to my mom's to see if she could recover it but no luck.  I destroyed it.  

Lil Me

Thanks!  I could use a refill, P.C.

I try not to put too much stock in horoscopes, but I happened to see my horoscope in the weekend newspaper.  It talked of computer problems and personality clashes at work, but nothing that I wouldn't be able to handle...but despite all that, I would get a lot of work done.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I never had much luck with the ol Ficus either.  I think I kill them with kindness.....falling leaves is usually a sign of overwatering.  That's me....overwaterer.

P.C.

I try not to put too much stock in horoscopes, but I happened to see my horoscope in the weekend newspaper.  It talked of computer problems and personality clashes at work, but nothing that I wouldn't be able to handle...but despite all that, I would get a lot of work done.

Consider yourself refilled Lil Me.

So....did you have the personality clashes....or is that yet to come.  

Lil Me

It's ongoing.
 We have a sales guy who is pushy, rude, lazy, and a total moron.
 I'm prepared to let him huff and puff all he wants, but when he starts telling me how to do my job (and he has no bloody idea what he's talking about), I put up a fight!

P.C.

Good girl.  Hope tomorrow is much better Lil Me.  I'll send some positive vibes your way.

Well...I'm off to bed....eyes won't stay open.

G'night to you too purelife if you're still there.

Lil Me

Nighty night.  I'm off, too.  

Sportsdude

Morning. I think I quit my silly job today (by not showing up) where they pay you by the hour, yet I could never actually work an hour. The other guy could do it in 2hrs, I work too fast, don't understand 'slow' and would get done in 30-40mins.

Urban Fare PL? Oh in Geography we basically dedicate an entire section to that store with what's wrong with Vancouver, specifically Yaletown in the gentrification process/neo-liberalism/Richard Florida and his 'gay index' and so on.  I find the people in there living in a sort of la-la land, then again the whole neighbourhood feels plasticy anyway. A good buddy of mine loves going there, I can do without a $10.25 6-pack of water or $400 fresh baked bread flown in from Paris that same morning. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Ya goof.  Why didn't you show up ?

So, do they dedicate an entire section to what's right about Vancouver ?  That could be valuable too.  

|