So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Well..I would recommend not living somewhere you hate.  It just doesn't make any sense.  It only makes you grumpy and miserable, and life is too short for that.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Indeed. If I wanted to be grumpy and old I'd immediately move to my designated retirement home in the barren landscape of Wyoming or Montana. I'm not doing that til retirement at 75.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Rats....gotta run for a bit.

Russ

What are you all arguing about:? lol

Well, indulging in the local beer 'super bock' Chatting with a couple of other seamen from teh Ukraine. Interesting to talk about different things. They both want to come to North America.. lol.

Ill be in, in a bit to simmer down before packing again for the 430 am pickup for the next flight tomorrow.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Talkin about cities.

Speaking of which, I spent the majority of the day on the Drive. I think I'm going to try to find an apartment there in a couple years.

P.C.

The Drive ?  There's only one ?

Lil Me

Nursed a hangover for most of the day, but I'm back on my feet now.

Note to self:
 don't drink after 10pm without eating
 take it easy on the pot

MrLM basically carried me home last night.  I couldn't walk or see straight.
 Luckily, we were only a few blocks from home- going away party for friends who are moving to Central America.

MrLM landed a contract in Mexico- leaving sometime this week.
 Fortunately we never cancelled his disability insurance during the downturn...swine flu, here we come! LOL

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Evening all. Speaking of drinking.... I had my first cider in 15 years. Weirdest feeling in the world. My friends were laughing at me. Yep, getting a buzz from cider. *snort snort*    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Cider's always very deceptive, seems I could drink gallons of it when I was young, but that - alas - no longer remains the case.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Poor Lil Me...lol   I think they refer to this as stress relief ?   Pics of funny walking ?

Mr LM is going to work in Mexico ?  Yipes.  Are you worried at all ?  Less about swine flu, but all the other turmoil that is happening down there is more than a little unsettling.

lol Lise.  Snackered on one cider....lol.  Far tooooo cute.  That stuff does have a way of sneaking up on you.    

purelife

Is MrLM allowed to go to Mexico and then enter Canada?  I guess he can then.... Be careful.

Did MrLM carry you over his shoulders with your hands draping over his back?  I can imagine that funny scenario.  

Hi everyone!

Sportsdude

Hi Guys! Glad to be typing this after last afternoon/evening/morning lol
I got you all beat on stories.

Yesterday I hit my head on a house extension that over hangs this walk way. About a couple minutes later I forgot what street I was on with my canvassing partner, when I got back to the office I basically collapsed in a chair, fell over. The ladies told me to go to the hospital, so one of them took me. About half way there, while I was talking, I noticed I wasn't thinking straight or as quick, and my words started mumbling/jumbled and couldn't finish a thought, like I was having a stroke or something. Anyway, got to the hospital had a hard time counting down from 100 by 7, thought it was friday, and then passed out for 4hrs on a hospital bed.

Saved by the women in my life, I was nursed back to health this morning by girl[span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]friend[/span] at her place, and the other girl[span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]friend[/span] (basically they're a dynamic duo) were worried sick, thought I was dying or something, as I wasn't responding to text messages in the ER, as I got no reception. In the ER I realized how alone I am in the world, these sort of thoughts come to my mind when I'm in ERs, but moreso this time around. lol

Well my humour is back, but I'm still half braining it and most of those two paragraphs I've sort of rehearsed a thousand times with other people after I told them I was in the hospital.

Fun times. I should just permanently wear a helmet everywhere or as Oma says, "you won't make it to 83." lol Oddly enough though my vision improved before passing out and then went back to normal. odd.

sleep time.

van_guy

Russ wrote:
Good morning miss PL, LM, PC, Lise, and of course Michel and Sports.

Getting ready for packing and a daytrip to the island.

I made a pot of this coffee from africa that we drink there.. man does it ever still taste like crap.

Russ,

Sorry to hear you are off so soon.  I hope your stint goes smoothly and quickly for you.

I will be heading for a new gig in Mexico - the Baja - it will be hot and dusty but I will have cold cervasas at the end of the day.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
Poor Lil Me...lol   I think they refer to this as stress relief ?   Pics of funny walking ? [img style="font-style: italic;" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif[/img]

She didn't mentioned tha janitorial duties performed while someone was passed out on the bathroom floor of our host's house. No silly walk pics but ...there are some pics of when we got home ... I am selling them for $50 each.

Mr LM is going to work in Mexico ?  Yipes.  Are you worried at all ?  Less about swine flu, but all the other turmoil that is happening down there is more than a little unsettling.

I'll be in the back country - not too much turmoil.  I will refrain from snuggling and /or sharing bodily fluids with swine of all description.  

lol Lise.  Snackered on one cider....lol.  Far tooooo cute.  That stuff does have a way of sneaking up on you.
 Yeah it is a little tricky - a bit like apple juice then all of a sudden ...

van_guy

purelife wrote:
Is MrLM allowed to go to Mexico and then enter Canada?  I guess he can then.... Be careful.

I hope so. I think i will cool it on the oink oink cough cough jokes while going through customs - those guys really have no sense of ha ha at all.  Does anyone make a taser proof vest that I can buy at YVR??

Did MrLM carry you over his shoulders with your hands draping over his back?  I can imagine that funny scenario.

No LM was walking but there were certainly no record set for the straightest line ever walked ....  

|