So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Spag, sauce and salad tonight.  MrLM has been cooking some great meals.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

The pizza probably tastes better, Michel.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lise

LOL on the pizza comment, Mr. Michel. Welcome to the club.

Hola!! Just been back from Hong Kong. What an amazing place! I am so addicted to the shopping there and managed to spend all my spending money within week two. Clothes are dirt cheap there but the food and grocery certainly add up quickly. I have managed to speak in various broken Cantonese but most folks speak English so it was relatively easy to get around.

Here's a collection of pictures I've taken and I'll start from the right:

a) statue of Bruce Lee on the Avenue of Stars. Right below the picture is a picture of Jet Li's handprint and signature. I took a lotta pics of various Chinese stars like Michelle Yeoh (James Bond), Jackie Chan etc. Just off to the right is another picture of two statues showing a camera and a director at the same place.

b) beside Bruce Lee's picture is the street picture of Macau. Just below the apartments is a cafe that sells the most delicious Portuguese tarts I've ever tasted. The cafe has samples like you've never seen before and you can virtually spend 1/2 hour there just munching on every little tidbits.

c) on the lower left hand corner is a picture of lobsters. I've never seen such colorful lobsters and boy, do they taste delicious! This was taken at the Sai Kung Fishing Village where you can pick whatever seafood you fancy and they'll cook it for you. Expensive meal but well worth the trip if you're into seafood.

d) right next to the lobster picture is a picture of Kwuan Li or the Goddess of Mercy. She's located in Macau just as you enter the place via ferry.

e) on the lower right is a picture of Goofy. Yes, we went to Disneyland and it wasn't as big as the LA one but definitely the place to go if you have kids.

Man, what a trip. I'm sick as a dog on account of the stupid air condition on the plane but other than that, I can't wait to go back again.        
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

P.C.

LISE !   Welcome home.  

Sounds like you had a fabulous time !!!  Thanks for sharing a few pics. (I'd love to see a closer up of the lobster....I can't figure it out....lol)

Funny to get good Portuguese tarts in Hong Kong....go figure.

What fun !  How did the kids like Disneyland ?

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Yes, I am. Did ya miss me?

There are so many picture opportunities in HK that I can't help but thought about you. I think you would have enjoyed taking lots of pictures. The only problem I had was the weather. Overcast, not much lighting and damp (like it poured the second week we were there). I guess we brought the stupid rain with us.

Anyways, how do you compensate when the days are overcast and you want to take better pics?  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Heya PC! It's good to be back. Thank you!

I'll try to get a better picture of the lobster in a while. Macau is a different country that you can travel from Hong Kong or China. It was colonised by the Portuguese a long time ago hence the fusion of both cultures. What a wonderful experience that was! I had Portuguese food and it was saltier than I imagine but just as tasty.

The kids were nuts over Disneyland though I must say it's not as grand as LA. Virtually no waiting in line because we were there on a weekday.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

You could probably catch up in all of 5 minutes.  It's been pretty quiet in here...well...quieter than the usual quiet.      

Michel

Lise

Hmm.... I can't wait to devour pizza here again, Michel! Oh the Pizza Hut restaurants over there were much grander than ours. So much more fancier and they serve crayfish with caviar on the pizzas. Nuts, I tell ya!

Here's a bigger picture for you, Ms. PC.

Bill Cosby.

P.C.

You can always tweak up dull pics with a little brightness and contrast in your photo program.  Sure can't compare to good lighting, but as Michel says....what can ya do.

I'm so glad to hear you had a great experience, Lise.      

P.C.

Cool lobsters....zebras lobsters.  

Lise

True. Thank goodness for Adobe! Anyways, I gotta get ready for bedtime. Have to get into the dull routine of getting to bed early and getting up early for work. Bleh. But before I go... here's some more pictures of the seafood you can eat at Sai Kung.

I think that's a horse shoe crab. I'm not sure who would wanna eat that......

Just a small selection of seafood you can pic. Some crabs, prawns, scallops... some other weird animals I've never seen before.  
Bill Cosby.

|