So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

van_guy wrote:
Really he didn't even send the "Thank you for your comments I listen to all my constituents comments and take them under advisement ... blah blah blah

I got that this time. Finally after two years.

Maybe he didnt like all my emails and comments?

I think my first email told him I would be voting against him as most of his ideals were not in line with mine.
This past email was me telling him he better not vote to renew the gun registry fiasco.. and I was opposed to any sort of further gun control on law abiding gun owners.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

Ah federal. US pols  never read email.  Provincial people will replay to you by the end of the day usually and you might start up an email correspondence unless your replying to leaders.

Also it depends on how you write your subject line and how you word the first couple of sentences. Well that's the case with US people anyway, if you don't address them right, they won't reply back.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Good morning fellow DS'ers!

Im going to take a look at Starfishies brothers honda this morning.. he cant close his window all the way. I couldnt even get some good information out of the brother as the dad kept talking about taking it to the dealer... its almost ten years old!
Its probably just come off the track, or the track has broken.. nothing too major.

This just means I have to shift the crap around inside my garage and move my toy out and cover it with a tarp while I work on the honda in the nice warm garage, lol.

So how is everyone elses day panning out?

Anyone seen the loverly miss PL?

Michel

Russ

Thats too bad.. I remember her changing jobs and saying something about she might be able to surf more often.. or then again maybe not.

Good to see that 49er is still around.. has anyone seen kingy in a little while?

Hey SD.. have you heard from Tenk or know whereabouts hes at now?

Well, Im still waiting on a phone call.. I got called from a relative that I was avoiding and ended up picking up thinking it was Starfishies brother. That was around 30 minutes of my life I will never recover.

Lise

Russ, you should have sent the politician a picture of your naked self. That way, he'll make everything vote in your favor.

My nose is killing me.... DAMN this cold!! On the bright side, I hear it's gonna get awesome this weekend. Maybe a bit of heat in time for spring? I'm so ready for heat right about now.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Russ wrote:
Hey SD.. have you heard from Tenk or know whereabouts hes at now?

--------------------------

Haven't talked to Tenk in ages or PL in a while.
Last time I remember off Tenkani's profile is that he got a dog (which I don't really have to tell, I mean lil me and purelife could know this too).
Other than that I don't really talk to him anymore. He's around every couple a months it seems.

Hmm I'm going to take some initiative and organize the football teams 10yr anniversary (or at least float out the idea) its 3yrs away for our I guess I'll call it 10 at 10.  (10 years since the perfect season 10 wins). lol

God, I miss those guys, great times although I'd get picked on for being the 'most white' I had to earn my blackness, I still have it, somewhere locked safely in a box, mainly its respect, you have to earn the respect of a community basically. I keep in contact with one of the running backs he's in med school at one of the top med schools in the country.

There's more great quotes and memorable lines about the team that year but DS won't allow the words and it'll be taken out of context. Literally we played like it was brown vs. board of education (or Remember the Titans) (the coaches were completely unaware of our motives), that's the world that was instilled in us. Plus we were aware of it (every monday it was 'who got shot at the clubs'). It was a fact of life. I mean cops showed up at a game to stop whites from attacking us. Freaking bootheel missouri, shitty ass town. Never go to Portageville Missouri, full of racists hicks if you don't look white. That win was for the slaves, it was the first time we all saw cotton fields...

P.C.

.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Good morning!

SD you have lost me again. So I didnt read your whole speal, im sorry.

Well, we are packing up for a wonderful fun filled busy weekend of one night in Victoria, and then the next night after my seminar, racing to my parents for a birthday party.

Im very lazy so we havent progressed but we plan to be on our way within the next two hours.. lol.

Russ

Forgot to mention we went to the Carshow yesterday.. some nice looking cars but no real amazing concept cars, though they did have the hydrogen and other hybrid cars there.
It was not as good as previous years.. but there were some car and motorcycle clubs up on the first floor you could look through.

We also went for Sushi beforehand.. I will try to remember the place, but avoid it like it has the plague. The sushi looked like it had sat for a bit and looked a bit off.. as for the gyoza.. I had to get them to take it away from my plate as it smelled so bad it was making me sick..
Ive never been to a sushi place as bad as that.

OK, I should run. Starfishie is giving me fishie eyes.

P.C.

Have fun.  Say Hi to sweet starfishie !
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Yeah sorry about that, I'll redo it in bullet points

-I haven't talked to tenkani in ages, but he got a dog from a shelter
-lately I've been thinking of having a football reunion
-Its almost been 10yrs
-we went undefeated
-won every game like the movie Remember the Titans
-cotton

I think I'll just do bullet point posts from now on. lol

Michel

van_guy

Maybe he didnt like all my emails and comments?

I think my first email told him I would be voting against him as most of his ideals were not in line with mine.
This past email was me telling him he better not vote to renew the gun registry fiasco.. and I was opposed to any sort of further gun control on law abiding gun owners.  

That's weird Russ I've written an MLA and chewed his ass out ... stopping short of calling his mother a great big dirty hoe ... (Honestly it was pretty nasty) but he wrote a "thank you very much for your views ..." letter back to me within a few days.  

I also have written Little Stevie Harper regarding Dali Lama and not to cow tow to the Chinese pressure - stand up and be a man of honor not of greed, he wrote a very nice letter back within a couple of days.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Lil Me

Morning everyone!

Hi P.C.  *waves*

We're just drinking coffee and eating buckwheat waffles.
I looked out on the deck (haven't been out there for months, except to BBQ in the dark of winter) and discovered that we have flowers!  Pansies?  Purple things.  Jeckyl said ZOMBIE FLOWERS!  Back from the dead...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|