So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Oh cool, zebra lobsters? Now I know!

OK, night time. Buenas noches everyone!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

P.C.

Oh lawd.....seafood heaven.  

Wait....is it all in deep fryers ?

So what exactly is in a Portuguese tart ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Sportsdude

Cool HK!

Salad for dinner, had a nice walk in the [span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]south dakota [/span]winds.

Friend officially moved to Winnipeg, called me and his first words "god, a blizzard in april" lol. He's stuck their for 2yrs (lived there before).

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Evening!
Welcome back miss Lise..
I enjoyed HK.. but found it a little expensive though. Didnt you?

Did you feel better after your little stomach bout over there?
What did you think of the subway there?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

Russ

Idaho? Did you get lost and start looking for potato's?  

Michel

van_guy

Ya but....I bet you can't leap tall buildings in a single bound.  

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Lise

Portuguese tart is like the Chinese egg tart with custard in the middle but surrounded by flaky pastry. It's unlike anything I've tried before and let me tell you, it just melts in your mouth. Totally delicious and I can see why you can get addicted to them.

[img style="WIDTH: 446px; HEIGHT: 287px" height=509 src="http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q39/isabelow/CIMG4437.jpg" width=559]

Russ, oh yes, I'm still suffering from the effects of the stomach poisoning. Still lingering and I've taken some Chinese herbs which seems to help. It was a long sandwich, I guess a sub with chicken teriyaki and some onions and lettuce that did it. Not a very pleasant experience.

It was expensive in HK but depending on what. I love the clothes there. I got quite a number of outfits for myself plus the kids. The bargaining is very addictive though I must say, I'm not very good judging from the looks from my sister who said I could get it cheaper. Grocery and food was expensive. A carton of 1 litre milk was Cdn $5!!! I had to get milk all the way from Australia because I don't trust the milk from China. Oh and I found soymilk from Canada which also cost about the same. I took one sip and almost puke. For some reason the soymilk here taste better.

I'll say it again and again, we're sooooooooo lucky to live in Canada.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Not all the dishes were deep fried as you can see. I really love the deep fried crab/prawn thingy the best. You would crack open the back with a scissor provided and you get the flesh and roe inside. It took a bit of a lesson learning when it came to the escargot (bottom left) as you needed a sharp stick to tease the flesh out then discard the top and bottom bit. Messy and worth it. Expensive meal which cost us about Cdn $200.

Edit: forgot to include the zebra lobster.  
Bill Cosby.

Russ

My faith in the retard MP that represents my area is somewhat restored.

After two years of me sending emails to him, he finally responded. Too bad the vote on it has been over for a few months, but at least its the thought that counts right? lol.

van_guy

Russ wrote:
My faith in the retard MP that represents my area is somewhat restored.

After two years of me sending emails to him, he finally responded. Too bad the vote on it has been over for a few months, but at least its the thought that counts right? lol.

Really he didn't even send the "Thank you for your comments I listen to all my constituents comments and take them under advisement ... blah blah blah

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Sportsdude

Who is your MP/MLA? Usually I write to people and they respond back within a day or 12hrs.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|