So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

I KNEW it would snow!!!!! Booyah... nobody believed me. Not even hubby and everyone at work said I was crazy. It's gonna snow tonight then maybe turn to slush tomorrow with some sunny breaks.

So says my crystal ball.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Four more days of freedom Lil Me.

Just think....with a job now, you might be able to slow down a little.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Sportsdude

No idea if its snowing, I'm underground although it was sleeting earlier. I might come out to the white hell with the other drunks from the pit night. lol They'll slip and slide.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Morning everyone!

I'm going to try Miss P.C.'s way of cooking rice.  It sounds interesting and easy enough to duplicate.  

Oh, and I've got the coke roast on the slow cooker for tonight.  I hope I got the correct onion soup mix.  It took me a while to find it.  I didn't realize there were so many packets of mixes for everything!  

I can't wait to try it. :)  And I hope 12 hours of low cooking time will be enough for my roast.  Does anyone know if that's a sufficient amount of time?

P.C.

12 hours is ample time purelife.

Do you sear your meat before you put it in the crockpot ?

purelife

I know I was supposed to sear that roast but I didn't have time this morning.  I woke up a little too late and I didn't want to miss the bus, otherwise I would've.

I hope it'll still turn out ok.  Do you think so, P.C?  

All I could do was wash the roast, pat dry and put it in the slow cooker.  I wish I woke up earlier.

P.C.

Searing meat before going into the crockpot does make a huge difference.....but it will still turn out just fine without it.  Searing it helps it maintain its texture and adds great flavour.  

purelife

:(  oh well, I'll at least taste the difference when I make it again.

P.C.

I'm dying to know how it turns out purelife.  It sounds so interesting.  

Sportsdude

morning. I 'slept in' today. I'm beginning to know the security guy on a first name basis at the library.  

I'll have free food for lunch, as I sit down watching a meeting wondering if I should take a seat of one of those people on stage for next year.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I'll let you all know how my coke roast turned out.  I can imagine that the coke marinates the beef really well.  And I'm cooking in our new slow cooker so we'll see how that goes too.  My next project will be a whole chicken!!!  :D

The only thing that scared me was the aspartame in the coke and the MSG in the onion soup mix.  I'm a bit of a health nut so I'm hoping these two won't affect me too much.  

???

you used diet coke ?

purelife

??? wrote:
you used diet coke ?[/DIV]
 Diet coke was all they had left at the dollar store so I used it. But regular coke still has aspartame too, right?

I hope it's ok as I never drink coke or have aspartame.  I don't even chew gum because of it.  

Is it really bad for this one meal?

Michel

|