So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I've never taken that tag even remotely seriously.  How about this one.....British Columbia – Drought-Free for 2 Billion Years Now

I don't take ANY of those slogans seriously.  It's like Manitoba calling itself 'Friendly Manitoba'.  I can only guess that it doesn't mean that everybody in Manitoba is friendly....or even if they are....they are likely not friendlier than anyone else.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Violet

sounds like a great adventure Michel.
You're my boy Blue!!!

Michel

P.C.

Who comes up with these slogans anyways.

Violet

P.C. wrote:
I've never taken that tag even remotely seriously.  How about this one.....British Columbia – Drought-Free for 2 Billion Years Now

I don't take ANY of those slogans seriously.  It's like Manitoba calling itself 'Friendly Manitoba'.  I can only guess that it doesn't mean that everybody in Manitoba is friendly....or even if they are....they are likely not friendlier than anyone else.

Here is one:

"Ontario - Home to a lot of dead lakes from acid rain"  
You're my boy Blue!!!

P.C.

lol Violet....and to think Ontario translated from skanadario means 'Beautiful Waters'.

Michel

van_guy

I'm from the fake Quebec. It was once mighty and powerful, then the anglos showed up and said they're the masters now. lol
They even changed the names Fleurissant is now Florissant, oh the crimes. lol

I was visiting a friend near Chicago - and people kept referring to a turn off near "Marsails" and i didn't remember seeing it on the map - so I got someone to point to it ... ready Michel  ... "Marseilles"  I almost barfed a fly ...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Michel

van_guy

Bâton Rouge.

bat on roo gee??

Violet

haha. Well, parts of Ontario are very pretty too. But, a lot of pollution issues in the south.

I have been as far west as kamloops. It seemed dry, but comfy.  I have been through a lot of the Easten USA. Boston, Philly, NY, DC. Not much for nature, but my dad, brother and I like to go for sporting events.

Yep, we are geeks. But, we do take time out to see the cities too.  
You're my boy Blue!!!

Michel

van_guy

Michel wrote:
Oh it sounds like "bataan rudge", something like that. At that time I hardly spoke any English, I just couldn't figure out what it could be. In French it sounds like "Bah Tauw Roo Ge", and it means Red Stick.

The funny thing is the guy was probably saying under his breath "stupid foreigner doesn't even speak english" and he didn't realize that it was french that HE wasn't speaking.

P.C.

London and Lambeth.....my two favourite places in Ontario.

Kamloops is dry and sagey and brown dead grassy, and tumbleweedy.  Not my favourite place as far as scenery.  The closer you get to the coast, the more lush the landscape.  (of course we pay for that by sprouting webbed feet before we reach puberty)  But it is beautiful....of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  

Michel

|