So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

Lunch today was at the APPLEDELI at the corner of Davey and Hornby

it's a nice little lunch spot not to cheap but not to expensive either. price per person  4 to 10 dollars.

i myself had the chicken salad sandwich with all the veggies  

*see pics in the '[a href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,5700.msg148689.html#msg148689"]Lunch Places Downtown' thread[/a] * < click link to be taken to it
[/p]i notice no edited or modified by admin or mod ... :P which of u did it :P
[/p]
[/p]
[/p]
[a href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,5700.msg148689.html#msg148689"][/a][/p]
  [/p]  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lise

Oh yes, I will post pictures of the CNY food up for sure.

So far on the menu: (and this might be a tad ambitious for yours truly)

1) steamed fish with ginger, garlic and soy sauce

2) BBQ duck (store bought)

3) curry chicken in Malaysian sauce

4) vegetarian egg noodles with mushrooms, buck-choy and tofu

5) soya sauce chicken (store bought)

6) stir-fry vegetarian dish

7) crab claws - requested by Lise Jr. though I'm not sure how it's gonna turn out

8) fruit dessert

Well.... that's what I plan to do so far.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

YUMMY!  Sounds like a great menu, Lise.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Wow Lise....what a fabulous menu !  I just remembered that I'll be in town on that day.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol P.C.

Chicken Donair for dinner, the server was way too kind for 9pm and put a lot more chicken than usual probably on my plate. Stuffed to the gills now.

First time in a month I thought about getting sushi. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Sheesh, I think about sushi all the time.

I don't get the deal with students and pizzas. Do they live on pizzas? Do they breathe pizzas? Why does everything have to be about pizzas and beer? We had a meeting yesterday to discuss about policies and viola, item on the table were greasy disgusting pizzas.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

JJ

Lise wrote:
Sheesh, I think about sushi all the time.

I don't get the deal with students and pizzas. Do they live on pizzas? Do they breathe pizzas? Why does everything have to be about pizzas and beer? We had a meeting yesterday to discuss about policies and viola, item on the table were greasy disgusting pizzas.

So true Lise pizza is disgusting I rarely eat it.  Only when forced at a social occasion then I ask to order one pizza that is either vegie or possiblity chicken with feta cheese as it's not as greasy.

P.C.

I like a good pizza.  I make one with smoked duck and garlicky mushrooms that is DEEEEE-liscious.

Sportsdude

I've only started eating pizza again for lunch some days because its the quickest option. lol
haha Lise. I burned myself out of sushi that's why. For two months almost in Nov and Dec I couldn't look at Chinese food (cafeteria style).  So I started eating Indian, Greek and Japanese all the time.

Lil Me

I love take-out pizza.  I rarely eat it anymore, so it's a major treat for me.  A couple of the mom and pop pizza shops make Butter Chicken Pizza....that stuff is deadly good!  I also have a fondness for Dominos- beef n hot banana pepper, which I ate during my student days.

Sometimes we use the supermarket crusts or pita breads to make mini pizzas at home...good way to use up leftovers.  Once in a while,  I do make a real crust (thanks, P.C. for the inspiration).

P.C....smoked duck...tell me more!  Sounds good.

I dreamed about eating fresh pineapple last night.  Maybe I'm slightly vitamin C deficient?

Sidewalks are an ice rink today...do be careful, everyone.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

pineapple? hmmm
whenever I dream about fruit juices it usually because I haven't had them in a while.  

P.C.

P.C....smoked duck...tell me more!  Sounds good.

Well Lil Me, I cheat with the smoked duck.  I just used leftover duck sauteed up with a little liquid smoke. (not that we have duck that often.....but when we do, a duck pizza is definitely in order)  Add it to sauteed mushrooms and garlic.  Instead of tomato sauce, I just brush the dough with a little chili oil (or whatever flavoured oil you like).  Top the pizza with mixture....Toss some thinly sliced green pepper on it.  You don't need cheese, but sometimes a light sprinkle is good, just to hold it all together.

Lil Me

Yummy!  Please tell me how to roast a duck.  I see them frozen at StupidStore.

The only duck I ever eat is the BBQ stuff hanging in the Chinese butcher shop.

P.C.

The only duck that I like (that I've cooked myself, that is) is a really old Julia Child recipe.  It's a 30-30-30 method, that ends up being totally non-greasy.  I'll see if I can find it on-line.  It's 30 minutes in the oven, 30 minutes on top of the stove and the final 30 minutes back in the oven.  There are a bunch of little details on when to cover and uncovered etc.  

purelife

I made a duck once purchased from Stupidstore in frozen section.  It turned out good.  It wasn't too greasy at all but I can't remember what I did as it was several years ago.

Your dinner plan sounds absolutely delish, Lise.  And we're sorta neighbors too.....

Twas damn slippery this morning... I took the bus instead of walking...ain't gonna risk falling.

Morning everyone!  

I thought I'd take a break from staring at multiple excel spreadsheets.  It has been crazy busy at work but I don't mind it. :)    

|