So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Heya all. Oh, I hear ya about the lack of snow plow on the road. Not enough of them. We've had so many vehicles spinning out of control down our street that I cringed each time I see them go by. It's amazing they haven't hit any car/pedestrains/houses yet. Why ppl try to drive without snow tires on a road with snow up to your elbows is beyond me.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Lise wrote:
Heya all. Oh, I hear ya about the lack of snow plow on the road. Not enough of them. We've had so many vehicles spinning out of control down our street that I cringed each time I see them go by. It's amazing they haven't hit any car/pedestrains/houses yet. Why ppl try to drive without snow tires on a road with snow up to your elbows is beyond me.

I agree LIse.. but everyone has this thing that They are the important one and you arent. I had a car and a small van stop facing each other out front of my place and both of them refuse to move.. shutting of their engines and getting out and SCREAMING at each other and HITTING each other. Two women mind you.
I had just come home and thats how I noticed them out front, I grabbed a beer and stood on my front porch and watched, the next door neighbor was wathcing and laughing too.

Theres not enough snow plows cause theres no need most of the time.. although, they should buy the smaller plows you can put on just about any truck for smaller jobs. Most people would complain if they spent taxpayers money on more plows and stuff..

I enjoy going along snowy streets.. although thats what I do for fun when winter camping and such anyhow. I do despise people that try to get around, cant, and when they get stuck just park their cars and walk away. I think they should have their car taken away and impounded. If their car cant make it.. why try and then demand other people to fix it.. mother nature isnt a bubble that we control.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

We're taking advantage of the hills near by and going for a slide later. :)  

Orik

i will stay home inside nice and warm dinking hot tea with honey and lemon... ahhhh sighs happily

lunch was boiled fish balls served with a mixture of chives & dill added to a couple of table spoons of mayo for added flavor,, tossed to coat and mix over the fish balls so your mixture of carmalized onion and garlic will stick  add ur diced caramelized onion & garlic after you have tossed the fish balls with ur mixture of dill chives & mayo serve with rice or toast...  i like mine served with sour dough garlic toast...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Morning!  Another lazy day here.  Pancakes and coffee.  Last of the ham in a hash with leftover garlic sausage and some red pepper.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

P.C.- can I please have your pea soup recipe?  I don't know what else to do with this ham bone.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
P.C.- can I please have your pea soup recipe?  I don't know what else to do with this ham bone.  

Morning LM! Hope you had a great xmas!

I agree another lazy day.. Im feeling stuffed up with headaches and the onset of a fever.
At least teh roads were cleared today when I took SS to work.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Orik

[div style="text-align: left;"] sorry to hear of your cold russ. get well soon. don't forget to drink ur tea thick with honey and lemon if u got chest cough

if u get bad sniffles and a running fever go with garlic + ginger root in a nice chicken soup.  

Lil_me  if you need a pea soup recipe for ur left over ham and the ham bone
pls try this one

[a href="http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Split-Pea-and-Ham-Soup-I/Detail.aspx"]Split Pea and Ham Soup I[/a]

SUBMITTED BY: TEETOE PHOTO BY: MisterGee

"This is a good way to use leftover ham, quite inexpensive, and VERY tasty. I hope that you enjoy it. Some people like to add carrots or other types of vegetables. Don't forget to serve with buttered bread toasted in the oven."

[img style="width: 190px; height: 190px;" src="http://images.allrecipes.com/site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/big/27780.jpg"]

* 1 cup chopped onion
 * 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
 * 1 pound dried split peas
 * 1 pound ham bone
 * salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. In a medium pot, saute onions in oil or bacon grease. Remove from heat and add split peas, ham bone or chopped ham. Add enough water to cover ingredients, and season with salt and pepper.

2. Cover, and cook until there are no peas left, just a green liquid, 2 hours. While it is cooking, check to see if water has evaporated. You may need to add more water as the soup continues to cook.

3. Once the soup is a green liquid remove from heat, and let stand so it will thicken. Once thickened you may need to heat through to serve.

[img style="width: 193px; height: 193px;" src="http://images.allrecipes.com/site/allrecipes/area/community/userphoto/big/28341.jpg"]

[/div]  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

Happy Monday, crazy weekend, tired from it all. We went down to the farm, its warm, around 20. I jogged the 2 mile road by the house, which I believe nobody has ran on since the 70s by looking at everyone's waist line. Grandma had a panic attack and thought she was going to die today. It was rather weird, we think it was due to a picture of her and grandpa from the mid 90s that set her off and photos of us from when we were little (too many memories at once I guess) and this stitch she made from the 70s.

Anyway the river is going on up again, we went to the lock to close the gate, I hit my head on a cement support beam and my cousin backed into a 3ft sink hole. lol

getting ready for school again, excited as usual, feel I'm missing out on friends and the snow.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Orik

ur not missing much sportsdude, hope u have had a good christmas. sorry to hear of ur grandmother and the demensia. my grams was like that. for her last week was a blur our names were mixed up if she even remembered them at all... but she had great stories of the deppression and the wars. if you stuck to things of the past she was a powerhouse to chat with.
snow wise. things have been insane here. idiots having accidents roads iced over and sidewalks with compacted with snow making them dangerous. lots of fractures in the er rooms from all the slips and falls this week i bet..  

Lise

I am so bored out of my mind. It's crazy. I look forward to being at home during vacation and one week later, I'm bored. ARGH!!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Hey Lise! Same here, bored.
Although tonight was cool, it was the last day for lights at the Zoo, and the pengiuns cove was open, the guys looked sleepy. Then we drove around the city looking for a ice cream stand institution around here. :)

Lil Me

Happy New Year everyone!  What's everyone doing?  We're home tonight and seeing family tomorrow night.

I'm not so much bored as restless.   We have no shortage of things to do around here...even if it's going for walks, kids playing with their Xmas loot, etc...but I'm starting to yearn for a return to the regular "routine" as crazy as that sounds.

Saw an otter on the ice at Minnekhada park.  Watched the shark feeding (free!) at Big Al's Aquarium store near Lougheed Mall last night.  Every Tues at 7:00.  It's a neat thing- everyone should see it at least once.

In other news, our resident caretaker is back from holidays today, and MrLM and I are ready to hug him.  We did roof duty, garbage duty and snow removal for 9 days, and we've had enough.  Though breaking ice on the roof is  a satisfying feeling, especially when you break off a HUGE chunk at a time.  

purelife

Happy New 2009 everyone!  I can't wait to start this New Year by celebrating with a couple tomorrow to kick off a (hopefully) better year!

I get bored at work, but rarely when I'm at home.  Some times, I like doing nothing at all and it's very relaxing when I have my candles and aromatherapy machine going.  We've been going for walks a lot more often now that we're carless.   I'm going to start scrapbooking too once I gather my materials.  

I picked up some free calendars today.  Two from my dentist (one for work) and one from the library (City calendar).  My dentist also gave away free lip balm and monthly planner.  :)  Costco gives away a calendar with yummy cut-out recipes.

Sportsdude

Happy New Year purelife and lil me!
Well I had big plans planned tonight, I was going to cook for everyone. Instead Grandma had to be taken to hospital by ambulance, low glucose/blood pressure/in and out of consciousness/dizzy. This happened last month.

|