So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Did anyone brave the malls on Christmas eve for that last minute shopping? I've been coped up at home for two whole days and it's driving me crazy!!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Orik

i hear yeah Lise... i to am also stuck at home. i have not been able to go for a bike ride since the snows started and it is driving me nuts to be stuck inside. not able to get out... though i have ventured a couple of blocks a few times. but only cause i have had no choice ...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

purelife

Good evening everyone.  

I heard that a tree (maybe several?) fell onto the 29th Skytrain Stn where it took nearly two hours to clear up.  I could only imagine the nightmare skytrain rides...

We're spending the night over at MrPL's mom's.  I'm enjoying family time.  Their cat is cozying up on our bed. :)

Sportsdude

Merry Christmas! Black Baby Jesus manger scene and all were at church as usual. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Lil Me

Bye Michel.
 No church for me last night.  Xmas Eve service cancelled due to weather.  I didn't read the email advisory before I left home..so we drove up the hill to find an empty parking lot full of snow.  lol
 Stayed home, drank a bottle of Baby Duck, finished Indiana Jones DVD game with the family.  Kids went to bed, MrLM and I watched some old episodes of Trailer Park Boys.

I'm steadily attacking a jar of red pepper jelly.

Merry Christmas Everyone!  Hope everybody has a safe Christmas Day and a little peace and joy.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

i am laying here pigging out on danish butter cookies purdys chocolates and  i have done nothing but spent time just spoiling my self rotten ..

i have numerous nifty highlighters and wonderful soft gel inks in a rainbow of colours, a brand new day planner. but no plans for 6 months except to live well and recuperate...

a nifty hard cover note book...i have never seen one so nice i am kind of scared to write in it cause its better than any i have ever owned this one must of cost a few dollars it's pretty professional, thank you Mrs. lil me and Mr lil me

i can blog my journal, my dreams and write out my poetry, when ever the muse hits me... to Mrs. lil_me and Mr LM thank you once again for such wondrous gifts...

i have some tea .. can i offer a cup to every one from the box that was also in my gift bag...

i have had a happy Christmas... no turkey dinner... but i have roast chicken thighs and mashed taters and corn from a can ... so I'm not gonna be hungry...

hehe... providing i leave any room for regular food ...

I've polished off half a can of sweet yummy delectable butter cookies and half a box of chocolates since 5 am this morning... groans...i might need some pepto if i keep making a pig of myself.. ahh well what the heck it is Christmas..

reaches for a another chocolate and another butter cookie...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

Good Afternoon!

So, how much snow is really on the ground? Get your raft, its going to all melt on Saturday apparently when the rain comes.

Orik

thats the best news i've heard all morning sportsdude.bless you... merry christmas to u old bean...  hurry up and melt dang nab snow...

Gopher

Re-hash of what was left over from yesterday!  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Hiya Gophie!  

The snow today kept us from seeing family who came from England for a visit.  Nobody could drive out to Maple Ridge where our family gathering was...  

Yesterday, we had a yummy 'xmas dinner at Grandparent's. :)

Sportsdude

Oh no pl! Are they staying through the weekend? I think its going to get warm, I think.

Its warm here, 18 C. Crazy St Louis weather as it was -15 last week.  

Orik

lunch was left overs from yesterday..,.

supper today is going to be rice with diced sausage diced onions diced tomatoes corn off the cob... some peas a little garlic add a little scrambled egg with a bit of soy sauce.. then fry it up in a wok mixing often to keep it cooking... rice was pre steamed earlier... .  

as for me

[font color="midnightblue" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"][span class="spnMessageText" id="msg"]since yesterday 1 lb of danish butter cookies and purdys chocolates have been consumed... on top of roast chicken mashed taters... and massive doses of coke a cola... groans... if i eat any more chocolate i am liable to exploded... mmmm but i still have 4 pieces chocolate left and 8 butter cookies and another 2 liters of coke... well sprite... and 2 mandarin oranges and 1 peppermint candy cane left...

happy boxing day everyone

how many are going to shop at  London drugs or army & navy tomorrow to get deals on Christmas candy ?

[/span][/font]  

Lil Me

Hey everyone.  Hope it's been a good holiday.  I got everything I wanted for Xmas!  Fiiiirst, I was wanting our little family to hang out with no set schedule (done!) and then I was wanting a grilled cheese sandwich (MrLM rewired the grilled cheese sammitch maker).  

Good times with family and friends last night at mom and dad's.

Went to see Bedtime Stories (new Adam Sandler movie...freakin hilarious) at Tinseltown today, and about to tuck into a bowl of mom's turkey soup.

In between, shovelling snow in the complex, breaking ice on the roof and getting the very full garbage dumpster onto the street for pickup...MrLM had great idea to tow it up the vehicle ramp with the car.

Snow crew hasn't stopped out in the sticks where we live...there's one coming by hour outside our door...but driving into the city of Van, the roads are $hit and there isn't a snowplow in sight.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|