So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lise

Quiet this time of the year. We used to have 30 kids and now it's down to less than twenty. Somewhat disappointed. Guess it's cuz of the rain. Oh well. More chocolate for the kids.

Dead tired. Have a course tomorrow at UBC by BC's renown ontologist Dr. Sweet. He's well known in forensic dentistry. I'm not sure about the course and seeing images of.... y'know.... it's not my cup of tea. I can stand blood and what-not but dead people? Hmmm.  However,  everyone's raving about him so I'm going to check him out and see what all the fuss is all about.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lise

With a name like that, who wouldn't want him to be your dentist.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

alooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong halloween night.

hope everyone else's was as good. :)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Wasn't much of a Halloweenie night for us but we had fun with the fireworks. Did anyone play with fireworks last night?

OMG. 6.40am. I now officially have no life.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Michel

P.C.

Yes there was freworks, until pass midnight, grrr. I didn't knew it was so popular here. Tradition coming from Asia ? There are no fireworks connected to Halloween back East.  

Hallowe'en fireworks go back as far as I can remember.  We always had fireworks....even as kids, it was common to be able to go and buy them by the row.  Fireworks displays were plentiful, and there was always one dad, in every neighbourhood who put on a good show and taught us how to light them.  You could get them at any corner store.

It wasn't until the idiots, once again, who managed to misuse things, which in turn has lead us down the familiar path....BAN IT.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

Interesting, I wonder if it is because of the important Asian presence here. Do you know if it is or use to be like that in all English speaking Canada ? No fireworks in Ottawa either for what I remember.

I don't know Michel.  I always understood it to be an Irish tradition (or maybe Scottish)   But I do know, that the Asian presence here THEN was not was it is today.  I was a kid.....what did I know.....there was no world beyond my neighbourhood.    

Michel

P.C.

Maybe SD can shed a little light on the subject.     I'm sure we'll learn that it has more to do with left or right wings.....a few isms, with a dash of boondoggle.

Michel

P.C.

ah ah ! One thing is for sure, firecrackers were hard to get in Montréal and you could only buy them illegally in the Chinatown.  

And another thing for sure.....when we were kids, if someone blew up their hand with a firecracker, our parents would give us a smack upside the head for our stupidity.  Now, parents will rally hard to have firecrackers removed from the country.  The result ?....stupidity is embraced, stupidity remains intact, stupidity lives, stupidity breeds.  Skewed learning.  There are no bad firecracker handlers.....just bad firecrackers.  Firecrackers are bad.      

|