So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Lise wrote:
 Evening. Lasagne and edamame peas for lunch.

My stupid faucet is leaking. Turns out the copper wire(??) is leaking. I have to replace it. The plumber said he could do it but the faucet is old, might be a good idea to upgrade. I said, well, why the hell not? I hate those 70s looking things so I told him to upgrade all the bathroom faucets to something more stylish. By the end of it, I'm gonna be looking at $300 to $400 bill. YIKES.[/DIV]
 What copper wire in a faucet?

Check out ReStore before you do somehting like that Lise..

[A href="http://www.vancouverhabitat.bc.ca/index.php/restore"]http://www.vancouverhabitat.bc.ca/index.php/restore[/A]

Theres others not just in Vancouver either, although after having been to all of them the Vancouver one is the bestest.

When we redid alot of stuff around the house including updating and refixing the basement suite, we saved thousands by going there. Seriously.. check it out not just once but over a few days, things come and go alot.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Morning!  Looks like it's gonna be another good one. TGIF!!!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Hey Lise......about the faucets from ebay.........

This is the kitchen I did last month.  The faucets she got on ebay for $130 (including shipping and handling) are at Home Depot for $469.  Pretty good deal huh ?

My after pics are kinda crappy and dark....but you can get the idea.  (we did the whole kitchen for $2000 including tiling the floor, refacing the cupboards plus new hinges and hardware, new lighting,  new counters, black granite sink and an island. )  There was no original surface left.  (new appliances to come to replace the icky white ones)

[A id=thelink onclick="return fitsInWindow();"][/A]

[A id=thelink onclick="return fitsInWindow();"][/A]

Icky white and blue lino replaced with 12 x 24 tile....and ho hum plain pantry turned into a shoji screen.

[A id=thelink onclick="return fitsInWindow();"][/A][A id=thelink onclick="return fitsInWindow();"][/A]

Sorry.....had to toot my own horn.....[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); border=0 src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif"]  this one was a challenge with such a small budget.

Oh what the heck.....might as well do the cupboards as well.  They are metalic gold with espresso trim....she was frightened at first.....lol.

[A id=thelink onclick="return fitsInWindow();"][/A][A id=thelink onclick="return fitsInWindow();"][/A]          
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

TGIF for sure!  

sipping on pumpkin spice latte... what a nice treat! :)  

Good morning everyone!

P.C.

Good morning Miss purelife.....a beautiful day for sure !  Still sipping on my coffee here as well.

49er

Wow! Fantastic work PC.........the granite counter tops themselves are worth $2K.  

P.C.

Thanks 49er.  Actually we had to cheat on that one.  Granite was what she wanted.....arborite is what she got.

49er

BTW  Costco has kitchen faucets at around $100

P.C.

Yea !.....and they're not bad !

I don't know why that stuff is as expensive as it is.  I was skeptical about her ordering that stuff off ebay.  I thought they might be defects or missing pieces or something.....but they are perfect.  The winning bid on the same one before hers was $89. (s&h included)

Lil Me

Totally amazing job, P.C.
 Btw, feel free to toot your own horn...we're not on a date.  lol

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

So.....you're saying I shouldn't take my accordian picture holder of kitchen pics on a date ?

Michel

Sportsdude

woah, P.C's Better Home's and Garden's model house. :)  ;)
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

49er

BTW folks if you have a sink insert and buying a faucet on ebay, make sure you have enough holes on the countertop for the particular faucet model........I made the mistake recently....I didn't buy from ebay but decided to core additional holes in my granite counter in lieu of returning the faucet.  Faucet was from Costco and with a discount coupon it was too good a deal to return

P.C.

Yipes 49er.  You mean you cut holes in the granite that you didn't need ?

|