So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Good morning Miss Lise and Lovely LM.. What a great day for coffee!

My cat thinks its a good day too, been snacking on my bowl of cheerios when I havent been watching.

Lise, chemicals are illegal in vancouver as well, we were the first to outlaw stuff that works to satisfy the tree humpers. I wasnt aware that burnaby had done that as well, but Ritchmond Im sure still has chemicals. I am not advocating using chemicals on your lawn because that would be wrong and illegal <smirk>, but Im with you on self removing weeds on your lawn.

Dont worry LM.. your lovely fur will make it all better :) Good luck with the real estate stealersmen.

Today is getting appointments for things I need to do, as well as start to organize stuff Ive been putting off.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Lise wrote:
 Forgive me.... I'm so out of the loop and am trying to catch up with the Lunch Thread but why are you selling your grandmother's place? Or is it your place?

--

My place is for sale.

Moving the grandmother is a separate project entirely.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

Dinner at Foo's Ho Ho on Pender last night.  I just love old skool Chinese food.  Brings back childhood memories *sniff* of long summer days followed by dinner in Chinatown.      
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

What's 'old school' chinese food? lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Here's an online review that says it all better than I can...

[TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 border=0] [TBODY] [TR class=data vAlign=top] [TD style="PADDING-TOP: 5px"][A name=24111][/A] Added Apr 7, 2008 by [A href="http://www.dinehere.ca/profile.asp?u=11982"]dicktracie[/A] of EastVan (1 Reviews)

[/TD] [TD style="PADDING-TOP: 5px" rowSpan=2] [TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width=125 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][img alt=3.00 src="http://www.dinehere.ca/_images/star3_big.gif"][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=left][SPAN class=text]Food: [/SPAN][/TD] [TD][img alt=4.00 src="http://www.dinehere.ca/_images/star4.gif"][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=left][SPAN class=text]Service: [/SPAN][/TD] [TD][img alt=3.00 src="http://www.dinehere.ca/_images/star3.gif"][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=left][SPAN class=text]Ambiance: [/SPAN][/TD] [TD][img alt=3.00 src="http://www.dinehere.ca/_images/star3.gif"][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD][/TR] [TR class=data vAlign=top] [TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px"] Last of the Old Style Chinese Food
Restaurants like Foo's are a dying breed. This is the type of Chinese Restaurant I grew up with that sadly no longer exists. Others that come to mind are the Dragon Inn and Renfrew Drive Inn and BC Royal Cafe. This is old style Chinese Canadian Food that is homestyle cooking. It's not fancy Hong Kong Style Chinese food but food that the earlier Chinese Immigrants pre 1967 brought to Canada. It is tasty, simple and unpretensious. Sure it's located in Chinatown and not "high class" but it's decent and fills your tummy. At my last meal I had the Lemon Chicken, Beef Chop Suey and Curried potatos and chicken. I especially liked the curried potato dish. If you go there you will notice alot of "older" Chinese people and whites who remember the "old" Chinatown of the 50's and 60's dining there because it's the only restaurant that still offers this type of Chinese food.

[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

oh cool!
So pardon the pun, it's like 'meat and potatoes' food of the Chinese variety.

Van

Yay! I love summer.

Kind of shoving work to the side these days. Got the big projects finished and just odds and ends. July is my offical slacking off month. Spent 3 hours at a coffee shop patio today just watching the girls go by.

I am unofficially on holidays, and offically on holidays in 4 days.    
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Good times, Van.  Cheers to beers and a great July!!!!

I had a brutal afternoon.  Trying to clear out the grandmother's old apt.  She has so much sh*t piled up, and it has to go out....she was physically trying to wrestle hat boxes away from me, yelled at me for trying to get rid of an enema kit (new in box!)...it's pretty hilarious, actually.  She feels out of control, so she's just letting off steam by yelling at everyone.

The maddening part is the relatives who are totally useless.  The ones who don't help, but stand around and whine and complain about their own problems....when the original problems with the grandmother's living situation were largely their fault to being with. It's unbelievable.

I felt like drinking hours ago, but I'm going to go work out at taekwondo instead.  Then drink afterwards.      

Sportsdude

*yawn* So tired.
Spent the day cleaning, organizing, and more cleaning. lol

Lise

Hey, bless you, Russ! I'll go to Home Depot in Richmond when I get the chance. I need to just put out a bit of spray here and there, tis all.

Ah, sounds like you're having fun at your grandmother's, Lil Me. The trick to moving her stuff is to get her to go somewhere else. Tell someone to take her to go shopping or something like that then move her stuff out when she's not looking. You know how it is with the older generation, cranky as hell.

Umph. I wanna holiday as well.........

Today's potluck at work. I've made a vegetarian red curry dish then just realized this morning I forgot to add in palm sugar. Oh well. It still tasted OK tho. I'm just hoping ppl at work would bring other stuff than stupid salad and dessert. The last time we had potluck there, everyone brought in salad and dessert.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Yum, Lise.  That's one thing I miss about the office environment- the food and socials.  Van can attest to this- a potluck of one in the home office gets old really fast....    

Sportsdude

Afternoon everyone.  

Lil Me

Evening everyone!  It's a great day out there.

Got a season's pass for the outdoor pool in the 'hood.  The place where you swim in circles with all your friends and neighbours.  Gotta love Suburbia!

Home to re-fuel (beer and leftovers) now it's back out to the pool.        

Sportsdude

Ohh a pool right now sounds awesome.
Its thundering here so that's out of the question though. :(
So tired, finally got a working UBC schedule in order, freaking takes all day. Now I got to stress out over German. lol

Sportsdude

Where does one get a cheap bike in Vancouver?  

Lil Me

|