So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lil Me

Hey everyone!  What a great evening.

Michel- hope you're enjoying REAL LIFE before you plug into the internet and tv again!

Don't know about you guys...but every time I see a live turkey, it gives me the shivers.
 There's no way I'd go to the bird sanctuary!!!! (even though there are no turkeys there...)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Bummer about your connections there Michel.

Turkeys are indeed creepy looking birds.....and their weird behaviour is as creepy as their looks.

I worked my fingers to the bones today, helping my neighbour clean, pack and stage her house for the realtors.  (I thought I had a lot of crap....lol)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

van_guy

Turkeys are indeed creepy looking birds.....and their weird behaviour is as creepy as their looks.

I don't mind turkeys I think i could kick the tar out of most turkeys - but i once saw a buzzard in the Gobi Desert that scared the $h*t right out of me - it was GIGANTIC - i was in a jeep and i was SCARED.    
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Lise

Holy turkey, I thought I was the only one who's scared of the bird when it's alive. Well, I can tell you it's no beauty queen. We saw the male at Maplewood farm and it was HUGE. The fact that he's trying to impress the female next door didn't help either. Thank goodness he was confined though you could tell, he was getting quite frustrated in that department........

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

That reminds me of that clip of the news gal that was doing a story around Thanksgiving, and was being filmed in the middle of a ton of turkeys.  She ended up having a total meltdown.

A couple years ago, we were sitting in the yard, when there was this huge commotion.  Huge birds swooping through our trees making an incredible racket.  We couldn't see the birds at first, except for the huge shadows.  We all walked up the path, and there were ginormous turkey buzzards all over the place.  The next morning, we walked up the tracks, and sure enough, there a dead deer there.

Now THOSE are some kinda creepy birds....and [FONT size=5]BIG[/FONT].

Van

wow! Glad I never seen one live and up close. I sure like the white meat though! On a bun with mayo and tomatoe! Fresh ground pepper too.

Tuesday, always my busiest day. Just programmed my brain that way I guess.  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Ahhhhhh.....what could be more perfect.  Two people...sharing a turkey.  One likes the light meat, the other the dark meat.

I prefer the dark....more precisely, the thigh.  And my perfect turkey sammy is thigh and cranberry jelly.

Well, I must get ready to go for another day of cleaning and packing at my neighbs place.  Just about everything I own is aching.  The only thing that would make a complete ache, would be a spin on a bicycle.

Van

Have a good day P.C.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

Russ

I love turkey.. especially the sandwiches later that night and for the next few days. I have been known to cook a turkey just for the meat for sandwiches.

As for being scared of a turkey.. everyones got their fears and phobia's. Im not worried about a buzzard, but I am worried about other things.. Like running out of beer while camping. :)

Im thinking sushi for tonight.. whats everyone elses plans.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Yeesh Michel.  Remind me not to go on holidays with you!

I was attacked by a crow once.  The crow swooped over my head and grabbed my hair with its disgusting talons.  That was enough for me.  Now, if I see swooping crows, I cover my head and run.

Can of tuna and some tomatoes for lunch.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

hahahaha.  Call me strange, but I don't like taking long, scenic detours in the middle of a 10hr drive.
 We were driving from the bottom of Oregon to Reno that day.

Mr LM was happy- he took one of the kids on a long drive to Mono Lake, CA a few days later.  

Michel

|