So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lil Me

I was intrigued, so I had to look this one up...

[div class="storyheader"][h1]Hitchhiking B.C. marmot dies after scrotum burns[/h1][/div] [div class="feed_details"][h4]Canwest News Service[/h4][span]                 Published: Tuesday, June 17, 2008[/span][/div] VICTORIA - The yellow-bellied marmot that hopped a ride from Princeton to Port Alberni, B.C., in the engine compartment of a family's minivan died Monday.[/p] The marmot was taken to the North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre in Errington after it was extracted from the hot engine by a conservation officer.[/p] The marmot, which is not native to Vancouver Island, suffered burns to the pads of its feet and scrotum. The rodent was treated with vitamins and antibiotics.
 [/p] Full Story:
 [a href="http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=c74c0594-0058-470c-8adf-9c9b8ced08ac"]http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=c74c0594-0058-470c-8adf-9c9b8ced08ac[/a]
 [/p]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

Michel wrote:
lol I like dead animals in deserts.
 --
 How about dead animals in desserts?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:

poor bird

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Michel

Sportsdude

We had a huge fly visit us like that. It got in the car in Virginia and didn't get out of the car until we were outside Lexington, Kentucky. lol

Michel

Sportsdude

hahaha
guten abend, went running in the park with the new guy, he's a runner.

Lil Me

Dinner was yummy tonight- some salmon from the freezer, some scallops, some halibut.
 P.C.- I finally tried your poor man's lobster with the halibut- delish, even though I forgot to add the sugar.  
 Everything tastes better when dipped in melted butter!

Question- is anyone familiar with a canned product called Chicken Haddies?  Mr LM used to eat it when he was a kid, and they don't sell it anymore.  It was some kind of processed white fish in a can.  You served it with a white sauce on toast.

purelife

salmon burger for dinner.  yummeee

evening everyone

P.C.

Finally home from the neighbours.  Re-did the whole kitchen today.....painted cupboards (really dated old things).  Looks FABULOUS !

Question- is anyone familiar with a canned product called Chicken Haddies?  Mr LM used to eat it when he was a kid, and they don't sell it anymore.  It was some kind of processed white fish in a can.  You served it with a white sauce on toast.

Glad you enjoyed the poor mans lobster Lil Me.  (YUM)  

My mom used to make Chicken Haddies when we were kids.  She used to scrunch the bread into a little cup shape in muffin tins, and fill them with the chicken haddie, bechemal sauce (white sauce) and peas and then bake them.  The bread would toast and stay in the little 'muffin' shape.  (*cry*....brings back 'mom memories'.)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Great work, P.C.!!!
 I wish my neighbours painted my place!

P.C.

I'm curious to know how Mr. Lil Me's chicken haddie was prepared.  I too, have never come across anyone else who ate this.  (sometimes mom would use tuna I think....but as a kid, didn't know the difference)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Ok, I just asked Mr LM.

His mom used to make a white sauce, then warm chicken haddies in it.
 For lunch: spoon it onto toast.
 For dinner: add pineapple "and other bits" into the sauce, then serve it on rice.

The toast option sounds better to me!
 I'm wondering what to use instead of chicken haddies.  Smoked makarel in a can?

|