So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

49er

you guys in BC should stop complaining on the weather.....we here in northern California are under fire watch.  There are wild fires all around us.........its so hot, we need a downpour asap!

Lise

Quickie here. How's everyone? My arms are stiffed from mowing the lawn. First time in ages I got to do this as it was too wet to do anything. Some 'carpet' plants are getting out of control, even my oregano. I'll have to chop them down a bit next time.

I love my day off. There should be more days off for all of us.

Hey 49er! Oh ja, I've heard about the fires in California. Wasn't there a fire incident at Universal Studio?[/DIV]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

49er

Hi Lise,  I wish my wife would mow the lawn too...

the Universal Studio fire was a structure fire.......presently we have firefighters and aircrafts fighting wildfires all over the state.  Thousands of acres burnt and residents evacuvated.

Lil Me

Hey Lise and 49er!!!

Yes, we should stop complaining about the weather.
 I'm guilty.
 *bows humbly*

What's for dinner?  Coleslaw out of a bag and red wine for me.
 Mr LM took Jeckyl to lacrosse game.
 Packing craft supplies for camp...and I fricken fracken h8 doing crafts.  But noone else was getting this crap organized so *sighs*  I am.

We're making:
 Spongebob Squarepants (out of a sponge)
 Patrick Star (out of fun foam)
 ocean in a bottle (with rubbing alcohol, mineral spirits and food colouring)
 a crab friendship pin (with 15 safety pins and a bunch of seed beads)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

It doesn't seem to matter where we are......it's our duty to complain about the weather.  It's too hot, it's too cold, it's too wet, it's too dry, it's too windy.........

lol on the crafts Lil Me.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Wow, Lil Me. You certainly are 'crafty'!!! Maybe you can tell me how you make them one of these days. Not that my kids know what the heck Spongebob is.... but maybe we can make a Dora cut-out from them or something like that.

Yaaaay! Booked our hotel for Seattle for the long weekend. This time we're taking our car so we can dump everything in it. Should be a nice relaxing time. *fingers crossed*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Sounds like a great weekend, Lise.

Hate crafts.  Allergic to crafts.  Cannot do crafts unless I can find instructions on the internet, or it comes in a kit from Michael's...lol...

Unfortunately, some of my Scout cohorts have wonderful artisitc ability, they just lack the wherewithall to plan an activity, prep it and follow through.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Well, the whole thing sounds like fun Lil Me.  Take an antihistamine and make a few dozen SpongeBobs....lol.

Damn wind kicking up again tonight......it's because I raked today.  

Sportsdude

49er wrote:
you guys in BC should stop complaining on the weather.....we here in northern California are under fire watch.  There are wild fires all around us.........its so hot, we need a downpour asap!

exactly.

Guten Abend
Had my first German class, 5 girls and myself. lol
Of course they all look to me like I know something because I know phrases and songs. hahahaha
And I know what is the u-bahn and s-bahn.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

You can get kits from Michael's? Uhm.... do we have a Michael's in Burnaby? I would like to get my hands on a kit. My girl has been bugging me about doing arts and crafts and I'm only limited to what they have at the dollar store.

Ack.... assisting today....... I'm not looking foward to that. I can't suction, I can't pass instruments, I can't take radiographs any more!! Oh well, I guess I'm gonna have to 'wing' it. Y'know, make sure I know what the hell I'm doing. I've got one hour before we start so I'm going to do a crash course in everything.

Watch me screw up royally today.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Sounds like something the kids would enjoy, LM. :)

There's a Michael's at Marine and Byrne, Lise.  It's in the loop where Winners/Homesense, Linen and Things are.  There's a Shoe Warehouse there too.  Lots of big stores at that area. :)

Good morning everyone.

Lil Me

Morning!  Happy Friday the 13th!!!

Good luck, Lise.  I'm sure you'll do fine.  Just like riding a bicycle, right?

Michael's has lots of kids' kits- most of them in the $1-$2 range in the bargain bins.  

P.C.

Yes they do !  But beware....this is the ONLY bargains you'll find at Michaels.  That place is StOOpid expensive (with two O's).  I'm the opposite of Lil Me in the craft area....I'm allergic to NOT doing crafts.....lol.  Michaels is my 'last resort' place to purchase anything.  Even with their 50% off coupons, it still only almost brings it close to competitor prices.  

Dollar Giant has great stuff for kids crafts.....beads, stickers, popsicle sticks and glues.  Foam shapes, wood shapes, kits for making dinosaurs, or wooden airplanes .....all kinds of goodies.  

purelife

Hiya Lil Me!  All done packing for your getaway?

My colleague was walking beside the ShangriLa yesterday and a HUGE rock came flying down and missed her by 3 inches.  I ain't walking on that street anymore.

ADD:  Hiya PC.      

|