So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

I use Facebook a ton during the school year. Not so much during summer. lol
Mainly I use the status to write something goofy and pics which apparently I'm mr. popular (shocking) I got 30 replies or so to my suburbs album. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

I guess I just use old fashioned email. I seen facebook at a friends and he hates it now too. He says the whole "vampires, super friends, friend selling??" stuff is lame.  Oh well, it is good for those who like it.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Had $2.50/dish dim sum.  4 of us ate for about $18.  I'm stuffed.
 *burp*

Found a seniors' residence for my one grandmother who still lives on her own.  She's still doing ok, but turning 90 this year and thinking about moving out of her apt due to a complicated family situation (she rents the apt from a relative who wants it back).

Grandmother needs a few days to think things over, but I think she's gonna go for it.  Independant living in a new facility, meals provided...it's like moving into a hotel.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

That's cheap dim sum!  Where'd you guys go?  I'm guessing that the food was good?

I think Grandma is going to get better treatment and care and attention there too. :)

Lunch was lasagna and beef noodle soup.  

I think we're going to have a thunderstorm tonight.... looks terrible outside.

Michel

P.C.

We got some nice sunshine today.....at last.

Van wrote: I guess I just use old fashioned email. I seen facebook at a friends and he hates it now too. He says the whole "vampires, super friends, friend selling??" stuff is lame.  Oh well, it is good for those who like it.

I'm the same Van.  Ever since I saw that program about how EASY it was to hack enough info for identity theft (the guy demonstrated and did it in less than 5 minutes).  There are certain things they look for.....and no...it makes no difference if you have it set for private.  I also find it odd how free people are to post photos of themselves....and worse....their kids.  

My other concern is (and probably the biggest concern)..... there is nothing in place to prevent others from posting your photo (or your children's photos) without your permission.  The whole concept is odd to me....when you hear people rage against our privacy being slowly stripped away....and yet have no problem exposing what almost amounts to a diary for the world to see.  (I know....I'm a big ol fuddy) [/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Lil Me

Aw.  Poor Skeptic Cat is hiding from a girl.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

lol.  A friend of mine is another Skeptic Cat.  He never uses his real name for anything- including facebook.  He has Safeway cards, etc. in different names and using fake address and phone number.

purelife

I would also be careful about which wildlife pics you post, even though you have the copyright stamp on them.  Facebook still owns them, no matter what.  So technically, they could take your pic and sue you.  (as far as I've heard.)

I thought about deleting my account, but deleting it won't affect much cuz a hacker can still retrieve deleted info.  (right?)

But, I'm not too worried about FB, for some reason.    

purelife

You can always block her, Michel.  She would never be able to find you on FB.

Michel

purelife

When you block someone, that person won't be able to find you, not even if you're a friend to someone she knows.  She won't see your posts on your friend's post who is friends with her too.  It won't stop others from finding you, only that particular person.  I've had to block someone because he was weird and freaky (sounds like your stalker)

But, since you've already made up your mind cuz you don't need fb anymore, then that won't matter. (unless you decide to reactivate)

Michel

|