Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

awww
I know the feeling Lise.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Really? Because I tell you, I'm this close to yanking my hair out in frustration. I don't get why people get so pissed off about something so insignificant. Like why does it bother the hell out of some people how certain things should be handled? What does it matter as long as you get the same product in the end? It's just insanity!!

Women! Seriously! I don't know if we have too much estrogen or whatever but we nurse and nurse a grudge till it just explodes.

Ack. I need a stiff drink.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yup. Your explaination is pretty much how my sister and I get along or my cousin or anybody in the family because we're all bull headed and feel like we have a 'chip' on our shoulders.

Lise

Well, it's a bit different because it's family. These are women who have come together for 10 hours of the day and they don't like to be told what to do. I don't know. It's just a weird, weird situation that I find myself in. I want so desparately for everyone to get together but it's hard because nobody would listen to what the other person is saying.

No wonder my supervisor is at her wit's end. She's lucky if she can survive one week without a complaint aimed at her.

Anyways, I'm gonna head off to bed now. Hopefully tomorrow will prove to be a better day than today.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Still sounds like my life and if you look at life like a job (which it is)...  

Lise

I'm a wet blanket. The mood outside reflects mine today......don't wanna go to work today.

SOMEBODY GIVE ME SOMETHING TO SMILE, PLEASE!!
Bill Cosby.

Van

G'morn!

Breakfast thought: When the bad days at work start outnumbering the good days, it is time to look at something else. Life is a flash. Decades can zip by with frowns on peoples faces, when the whole time, there could have been a smile.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

Good morning!

awwww.... I know what you're going through.  Is there anyway to do your work and kinda "ignore" the politics?  I had a few terrible situations at work where I would stress myself by bringing my work problems at home.  When I got to that point, I reminded myself that work is work and personal life doesn't equal work and the two shouldn't be together.  I started to leave work at work and not think about it when I'm home.  I feel less stressed now and if I do get something nasty, I have this "I don't give a F*CK" attitude.  I just do my work and go home.  Hang in there Lise. :)

For you Lise.

P.C.

Aww Lise.  That's a nasty situation to be in.  Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to change it.  About the only thing you CAN do, is to change how you allow it to affect you.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/d038.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Morning!
 Hang in here, Lise.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Holy !  Does he have ANY recollections at all of this cousin ?[/div]--

Mr LM remembered his cousin quite well.  A relative found her on FB recently.  She lives in Prince George and was down here for a meeting yesterday.  Mr LM met her for dinner and took her back to the airport.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

lol found on Facebook! classic.

purelife

I like FB for those reasons....finding long lost friends/family members.  

Sportsdude

Yeah, but then they delete you for some reason. Silly cousins.
A girl from my childhood found me on facebook, lost contact with her after she moved back to England.

Van

BBQ chicken pita today.

Not a facebooker myself. All the friends I want to keep in touch with, I already do.  Have enough trouble keeping up with DS which is far superior!!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

|