So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

Nice bath....check. (with my favourite Gold Leaf and Thyme).  Wine....check (I'm having white)

Am I almost done....I'm never done....I will just find another area to make into something.  I'm just trying to tiddle up the view from this window, because I want to get a bird feeding area going on there where I can have a front row seat.

G'night purelife.  Sleep well.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

G'night purelife.  I'm off soon as well.

My day was...lacrosse (Jeckyl- 1 goal, Heckyl 1 shot on goal...this is a big deal for us....Heckyl is completely non-athletic and Jeckyl has ability but doesn't usually try...) getting kids to do homework and music practice, and a trek into the city to visit my parents in their new condo-- they haven't moved in yet, but they have possession.

Then just before Heckyl and Jeckyl went to bed, I sorta went off the deep end nagging about lost library books and a badly written test that I found in Heckyl's backpack.  Heckyl was in tears, so I went back to talk to him.  I told him that I realize it's impossible to do everything 100%, but let's get organized, show some responsibility and figure out what we need to do.  He's a really smart kid, so he'll do well if he puts in even an ounce of effort.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Holy.   Yes....a glass of wine seems well earned.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a056.GIF" border=0]

No kidding he's a really smart kid.  (Gee....I wonder where he got it from)

Lil Me

He's smart enough to realize that....In life, it doesn't matter for sh*t whether you got 100%  in grade 4 on a test writing 4 tenses of the verb Faire.

lol

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Faire? what's that? Well at least he cares, I know someone very well who wouldn't turn in his homework in high school and middle school because he thought it was pointless and the teachers knew nothing. Then he'd get an A on the tests but a C+ for the semester and wonder why...

My friend spent the day in Van showing around another friend how to get to SFU for her ESL final level 5 (the highest you can go)exam. I'd probably fail it if I took it. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

You're the best mommy, Lil Me. I'll have to call you in the future for motherly advice.

*yawn* Didn't sleep well last night. Woke up every damn hour then fell back to sleep. Stupid, stupid.... don't know how I'm gonna survive working today. Anyways, two more fracken days, people!!! YAAAAAY!!!!

Weirdest dreams too. Hot guys were involved, including a space ship and several monsters but nothing else happen. DAMN.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

van_guy

Michel wrote:
I packed 11 new 2 cubic feet boxes yesterday, slowly getting there, only non essential stuff so far.  

Before I got married I could move house on my back - I was pretty damn happy about it too.  One back pack on my back on e on my front and a big hockey bag draped over top of the back backpack.  I onced moved using a city bus.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

van_guy

P.C. wrote:

Holy.   Yes....a glass of wine seems well earned.  [img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="url(this.src);" src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a056.GIF" border="0"]

No kidding he's a really smart kid.  (Gee....I wonder where he got it from)

Hmmmmmmmm - both his parents?????

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
Good evening purelife and Lil Me.....long day here as well (but I bet I didn't accomplish half as much as LM.....lol)  I can already tell I'm going to be stiff tomorrow....my muscles haven't even had the decency to wait.  Made a wider path along the side of the house (outside the Ebony Lounge)  Lots of digging and straining dirt.  *cry*  I ache.
  How did the salamnders fare?  Any injuries to report from thier end of things?

Van

G'morn!

Beautiful weekend for me. Kootenays were amazing! Didn't spend a ton of time looking at property. Just didn't have much time to do much but BBQ and see friends. B-day party was kind of crazy. Most boozes I had in a looong time.

What I did see for property though was awesome. I am going back this weekend again to look a little more seriously.

Yes! 2 weekends out of the city in a row...I smell summer..it is coming...  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Welcome back, Van.  Sounds like good times.

How is the achey breaky today, P.C.?

Michel

P.C.

Good morning everyone [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/a010.gif" border=0]

Lots of enthusiasm for a Monday.

*I've never adjusted to replying without the ability to view the posts when I am in the reply screen.  I get here, then I can't remember what I wanted to say about what and to whom.

Michel

purelife

Good morning everyone.

It sounds like you had a great weekend, Van.  It's so nice to reconnect with friends..

Just curious, LM - what made you guys decide to put Heckyl and Jeckyl in the French Emmersion program?

Mr PL's cold grew worse.  He had to take a day off today.... poor guy.... I wish that I could take care of him.. :(  

I hope you get better sleep tonight, Lise.  

|