So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

purelife wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Ah, so it was by chance.  But it looks like they're enjoying la phoque and other french words. :)[/div]  --
 Also, I wanted my kids to speak French with a better accent than mine.
 I'm your typical kid from B.C. (non-French Immersion) who takes 12yrs of French, but can't speak it worth a damn.  But can I ever write tests!  I can conjugate verbs and make all my adjectives agree with the subjects.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

My favourite bedsheets are from Costco, as well.
 Don't know the thread count.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

Interesting, Michel.

A lot of today's younger French teachers (and probably the sign translators...) are Anglophones who grew up in B.C. and took French Immersion at school in the '70s and '80s.  They speak French better than the rest of us, but that doesn't mean they are fluent.

The older teachers in the schools are from Quebec.

Michel

Sportsdude

One question do the teachers teach Quebec French or Parisian French?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Sportsdude

Okay, its just in French class teachers always told me that its not great to go to Quebec as a place to speak French because its different. (different words, pronounciation)

Michel

Sportsdude

P.C.

Thanks for clearing that up Michel.  I had always understood that there were differences between Parisian French and Canadian French as well.  I remember my grandma always correcting our French and then cursing that we weren't being taught 'proper' French.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

That was very interesting, Michel. :)

I picked up my bed sheets from Costco just now.  

Now, I'm having my leftover chicken brocolli soup.  yummeee...

How's your lunch?

P.C.

Did you get some of the Life Comfort sheets ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

I got the Hamilton Collection 320 thread count instead.  They had the color that I had wanted...

The Life Comfort sheets didn't have the color that would match our place....:(

I'm going to keep looking though.  The polyester content is only 40%, so that wasn't too bad.  I notice that every Costco has different colored sheets available.    

Michel

|