So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Sportsdude

ahh
florida
the late night teen talk show 'loveline' has a game called 'germany or florida' the joke is all the weird news stories in the world either happen in germany or florida. lol

argh!!! I was attacked by a red telus parrot when clicking on the board! lol

edit: saw the video, I've seen worse beatings, this one is sort of tame. Typical behaviour though for the U.S. my generation is a generation of thugs. All i need to do is look at my local high school, kids were getting arrested for rape in high school (and it happened during school as well). Kids are spoiled, they live in the suburbs which are prisons, so they become bored, so they resort to violence/drugs and stupid behaviour. Classic case.

parents these days are naive if they think moving their kids to the suburbs means they'll have a better life. The suburbs are where all the drugs and violence like this takes place due to kids being isolated because of horrible planning of neighbourhoods that focus on homes and nothing else, no community involvement etc. Subdivisions that take 20 minutes to walk out of, always in need of a car, if you don't have a car, you stay home watching tv, alone, don't know your neighbours. etc.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Oh, those drapes that require no sewing is a great idea, Lil Me. I like it A LOT. We're thinking about installing curtains, maybe this year but I personally like it without curtains.

I kinda wish I had a house that self-cleans and self-install itself at the press of a button. Think they'll invent something like this sometime in the future?    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

G'morn!

Hope everyone has a great Humpday!

sports, I think some burbs may be better than other. Example, I would way rather live in Maple Ridge than Vancouver, but I would only live there if I could work their full time too. (it is like a burb in a forest!!). I understand a lot of youth need a car to get to a local 7/11 just to get a slush in the burbs. I still don't think living in suburbia is an excuse for kids to cause random violence.  

Some burbs have a great setup for kids. Some burbs have the best skate parks, sports programs, arenas, etc.

Then again, some burbs have cookie cutter houses and no sidewalks.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

Morning!  Extra thick cup of coffee this morning because I'm dragging my feet around.
 Looks possibly sunny even?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

van_guy

Lil Me wrote:
Morning!  Extra thick cup of coffee this morning because I'm dragging my feet around.
 Looks possibly sunny even?

Thicker than 12 hour old coffee??

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Lil Me

Pretty thick coffee.  Kirkland fair-trade beans and lots of them.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

purelife

Good morning everyone.

I had a yummy cranberry muffin this morning with pu-erh tea.

Hump Day is also bibimbop day...tenkani's f a v o r i t e day!  :)  I think of Tenkani when I drink pu-erh tea. :)  I miss him... :(((

purelife

For you, Lil Me, for your curtain efforts.  Your arms must get tired, huh?  Take your pick or have 'em all...at once?

Lil Me

Thanks, purelife!  

purelife

I brought in my DS with Mario to work today because one of my coworker loves this game as she also grew up with Mario (and Luigi).  I'm gonna get her A D D I C T E D.

We're going to play this at lunch.  

Who's the BIG kid now?  LOL

Michel

purelife

LOL Michel.  I like that joke. :)

I like to make work as fun as possible for me and everyone else since I'm here more than the time I spend at home.

Laughing and joking gets me through the day.    

Van

pea soup and fresh bread for lunch today.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

|