So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lil Me

Insurance company or the manufacturer?

What a sucky situation.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Van

Lise, I hope the Matrix treats you well. I love Toyotas...but not as in depth as Russ.

PC, sorry to hear about your TV. I hope things get worked out ok for you. I would be lost if I never had my TV. I love my movie nights. Do you have an older TV to tide you over?
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Oh yeah...there's no shortage of TV's around here.  We pulled the one out of the shop for now.

I never thought about house insurance....would it cover such a thing?  We had a monster bar on it which is supposed to protect from power surge....but apparently not.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

Darn, those power bars should have helped? I guess nothing is foolproof.

It is worth looking into with the house insurance. May be a lot of dealing with pain in the butt people and waiting for answers. But worth it for a TV like that.

I have had nothing but horrible customer service at Futureshop. Same with their competitors!  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

How frustrating to hear PC.  FS could be so rigid sometimes.  You might still have a warranty with the manufacturer.  What brand is it?

Michel

P.C.

Same here Van....I personally wouldn't spend a nickel at Future Shop....Santa had different ideas though.  I told the guy that an extended warranty would not have stopped the TV from blowing up....something is faulty.  They insisted we get the $200.00 power bar.....why?  

P.C.

The manufacturers warranty expired in January.  Naturally.  

Michel

P.C.

Not sure Michel...but it's not like it was an accident caused by carelessness.  I don't understand how the tv we have sitting here now, (Mr. Sawdusts from before we met)....has managed to survive 17 years of power outages (many many many power outages)  with NO powerbar.  It just doesn't make any sense.  

purelife

I heard that next year, old tv's will become obsolete...something about a change in cable output?  Seems like electronics fail after a warranty period.  VERY FRUSTRATING!

P.C.

It wouldn't change anything anyway, it's just like asking Toyota to cover you because you got into a fender bender. Nonsense.

I'm not sure I get the comparison Michel.  I think it's more like asking Toyota to cover you because the fender fell off because it wasn't attached right.  

Michel

|