So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

Lil Me

Lise wrote:
Heard some rather bad news. This friend of ours just lost her husband but we found out through a mutual friend at the party last night.
 --

That's awful.  It's difficult knowing what to say when someone dies.  It's important to respect your friend's privacy, yet you want to reach out and do something.  This must be really hard.  HUGGGZZZZZ

purelife- what a fun weekend.  And chicken pot pie.  MMMMMMMM.

I officially have too many books.  I've spent the weekend packing boxes for storage, as our place is being painted while we're away later this month.  The pile of junk keeps growing.  So far divesting myself of 4 large bookcases, a pile of small bookcases, 30-40 boxes and a computer.  Mobile storage unit arrives on Thurs.

Hope to live the spartan life for a while.  Listing this place for sale in a month or so.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lise

Thanks, Lil Me.

I hear ya on the books. I've too many as well. My shelf is overflowing, my plan is to add more books to yours instead.

Hey, thanks Michel! Love the pics.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

hahahaha Lise.

Ce sont des belles photos, Michel.

I'm officially living and working in the middle of an obstacle course.  The route from my desk to the coffee pot weaves around two mountains of boxes, and over untold piles of junk...yet to be sorted.  My car is full of stuff for the Sally Ann and I already dropped off a pile of stuff for Heckyl & Jeckyl's classrooms.

Time for a mid-morning nap :)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I feel ya about the packing, LM.... *sigh* We've got lots of clutter.  We kinda started.... 5% done.  How sad... but I can't wait to organize everything soon.  

ADD:  And the weaving around the place...

Thanks for those pics Michel.  I checked them out and they are absolutely beautiful. :)

How is everyone's morning so far?          

Lil Me

Hi purelife!!!

I'm loving the BROWN BOX TAPE from UHaul.  It tears easily and doesn't get crumpled up like regular masking tape.  

purelife

Hey LM!  How much were boxes again?  If we have no luck with free boxes from stores, we'll buy some.... maybe...  oh, I think I know which brown tape you're talking about... thanks for the tip. :)

Lil Me

Couple bucks each.  I needed to buy a few lg for pillows, blankets, stuffed animals, board games.
 [a href="http://store.uhaul.com/boxes.aspx"]http://store.uhaul.com/boxes.aspx[/a]

The liquor store boxes are great for books and DVDs.
 I'm also using a bunch of bankers' boxes that my friend got free from work.  She's already used them once to move.

I've used the banana boxes from Costco before.  They're voluminous, but once you fill 'em up, they're very heavy and unwieldy.

purelife

Russ wrote:
So hows the purelife doing? And when did you become a polar bear? Isnt it warm and sunny at home right now?

I'm a cross between a polar bear, penguin, wolf...but I couldn't find an animal with this combination so I opted for a bear. :)

Lil Me

Don't forget cougar :)
 Just kidding.  You're still a young pup.

purelife

Wow - they have a box for everything..that's convenient.. :)  Thanks for sharing.  

We picked up a car load of liquor boxes too...

purelife

Lil Me wrote:
Don't forget cougar :)
Just kidding.  You're still a young pup.

ROFL!  Good one!

Michel

Lil Me

Thanks, Michel.  I don't actually SPEAK french, but I can type it.
 My accent is terrible.

|