So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise... seriously

Dunno which corner but I'm sure there'll be signs. OK. We may or may head down to watch the parade. If it rains then we probably won't go. My kids will probably like the fireworks and dancing.

OK. Off to my friend's place.

Lil Me

Starts at Pender and Carrall near the Chinese Cultural Centre
 [a href="http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20080209_204420_5640"]http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20080209_204420_5640[/a]

News1130 got their directions mixed up.  Must have been holding the map sideways.
 EAST on Pender, SOUTH on Gore, WEST on Keefer.

ADD: Y'all have fun and say hi to my clan's lion.  It's with the Hon Hsing Athletic Association...

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

have fun at the parade.

just finished watching Roswell Season 1. amazing

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Thanks for the info, Lil Me. We might go downtown afterall. Looks somewhat 'dry-ish'.

Wonderful time at my friend's place last night. His mother-in-law cooked some real authentic Vietnamese food, none of those crappy fusion type. We had this spicy seafood hotpot with banana leaves! Never had that before. She made so much for us, French style bread, Vietnamese style fried chicken (kinda sour, kinda sweet), pho ga type soup and this mixed meat dome (dunno what it's called) but I think it's some type of meat loaf.

Tried to make Nigella Express' Hockey Pockey honeycomb but that ended up in disaster. Dang it! She makes it look so damn easy on the telly. What the heck went wrong???

Anyways, have a good rest of the weekend!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lil Me

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Had CNY buffet at grandmother's seniors' home for lunch.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

Sounds like a good day.

I wouldn't take candy from Gordo, either....

Jenny Kwan was probably there.  She usually is.

Michel

Michel

Sportsdude

the liberals are funny, the come to the school unannounced and secretively. lol

Hope the weather is nice in Van as it is here. wow is it great out.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Darn. We didn't go as we had stupid errands to run. Glad to hear you had a good time there, Michel. Did it rain much? I honestly thought it would be pouring buckets by now.

Ran into any cute Asian chicks while you were there?

Heard some rather bad news. This friend of ours just lost her husband but we found out through a mutual friend at the party last night. I haven't heard from her in ages... like I knew her husband was sick but I didn't know just how sick he was. She went into seclusion, did not want any of us to know so we were all in the dark. I'm kinda shocked. She has a little girl, not yet two and they were married for less than five years. Goes to show you that death comes in all stages of life.

I feel so sad. Like I would have liked to say something to her but this awkward situation... I just don't know how. If I met her in the street, what do I say? *sigh*  Anyways, after hearing that bad news I just hugged my two girls.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Tried to make Nigella Express' Hockey Pockey honeycomb but that ended up in disaster. Dang it! She makes it look so damn easy on the telly. What the heck went wrong???
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Ah, I saw that episode too.  She does make things look so simple, even though her show is called "Express!"

I had a really nice weekend.   Had a HUGE dinner over at mom's...lotsa food.  Today, we just did laundry, browsed around shops.  Chicken pot pie for dinner. :)

Hope everyone else is doing good.

Michel

Lise

Hey Michel, can you post those pics up here? Would love to see them even if you claim they're not very good. Just curious to see what's up with the parade.

Oh, purelife... the recipe for Hockey Pockey is [A href="http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_78750,00.html"]here[/A]. I tried like two times and failed miserably!!! I don't know what went wrong. The first time I think I added too much syrup and the second time I followed step by step but it didn't turn up hard like hers. Plus the stupid honeycomb got stuck to the baking sheet. Waaaaah!!!! She makes it look so simple but I can't make it!?!?!

BTW, where's PC? I haven't seen her in ages!
Bill Cosby.

|