So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

its weird, all the weather people on tv in the states are trained people with degrees in meterology.

Oh....and by the way.....most of the weather people on TV here are trained people with degrees in meteorology also.  Then they have weather 'reporters'....those that just present the weather news.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

ah well I figured that, usually the trained people do the presenting as well in the states.

Really different person? lol what are the odds that one station hires two people with the same name? lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Tamara Taggart

Tamara Stanners

purelife

Where did the wind come from?  

We went to Science World last night.  It was busy but fun. :)  What are the odds of bumping into my coworker? hee hee...

We rented Fracture.  I don't get that movie.  I don't think Ryan Gossling was such a good fit as DA.  

Anyways, morning everyone.

Sportsdude

morning pl.

honestly didn't know there were two tamara's. lol

P.C.

We went to Science World last night.  It was busy but fun. :)  What are the odds of bumping into my coworker? hee hee...

So did you sing, It's a Small World After All ?  lol

That was the free night purelife?  Good for you for taking advantage of it.  Free stuff is rare these days.  

Lise

Hello all.

Just spent like 15 mins ironing those damn scrubs again. ARGH! I hate ironing... did I mention how much I HATE IRONING??? I guess I have to present myself better next week. On the plus side, it feels so damn good to be doing something positive again.

Tomorrow's gonna be a great day! Watch out for the sunny sunny sunshine! Great for a stat holiday.

BTW, I went to Superstore today in the pouring rain. Oh man... was it ever packed. We went around 10 am, thinking we would beat the crowds but boy, were we ever wrong! Everyone's in a fix to buy a turkey, trimmings etc etc etc. Must make mental note to self: don't ever buy grocery one day before Thanksgiving. Prices are ridiculous.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Evening Lise.

I went to Superstore as well this morning and it was busy.  I can imagine how packed Metrotown's was.  I wanted to buy fresh whole chicken and they were out of it.   I then had to venture off to Safeway and picked up the last chicken.  OMG!  Thank goodness.  I really didn't want to drive around in the pouring rain.  

We went swimming today at Watermania.  It wasn't as busy as usual.

I made an extra special dinner.  We had steelhead trout (nicely filleted) with rice, and stir fry veggies.

Lise

Hey purelife!

We went to the Rupert one in Vancouver. They had tons of chicken there but they were flying off the shelves (no pun intended). What a mad house! I hate Superstore. GRRRRRR.

Are you roasting a chicken for Thanksgiving?

I have to buy extra groceries this week because I won't be home to go out and buy fresh food every second day. I guess it's good in a way, forces me to cook then deep freeze what I can so hubby and the kids can take out something from the freezer/fridge and eat. Hubby NEEDS to learn how to cook one of these days. At least boil a damn potato or something!!

I've never been to Watermania. That's in Richmond, right? I heard it can be super packed in the summer months.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

You and your family would love Watermania, mind you that this pool has more chlorine than others.  I wouldn't stay in there for more than 2 hours.  There's a nice steam room where you could relax too. :))  It doesn't seem to get busy nowadays.

Yuppers, baking chicken.  Turkey here is too too expensive.  I saw one for 50 bucks!  HOLY MOLY!  That turkey was bigger than my kitchen! :P

Are you having turkey, Lise?

EDIT:  I just read that you're having chicken and roasted yams.  Sounds delicious.....miammeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  :))

uhm, how do you roast your yams?

Lise

Sorry, got distracted by the kids.

It's really easy. Just drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper, dry oregano leaves... mix everything together then put it together with chicken as you roast the chicken. The dripping will mingle with the yam and make taste extra yummy.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Evening all, got back from my room mates family thanksgiving. The family is hysterical. lol one of the uncles kept hinting at my room mates younger sister who's in here in at school as well, to date me lol. haha too nice.  

Lise

BEAUTIFUL DAY!!! Love it, love it, love it!!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Lise

Anyone had a good Thanksgiving yet? My chicken is nicely roasting in the oven along with yam and onions. We have pumpkin pie for dessert later on. Mango lassi for drinks. Yummy. Can't wait!

[TABLE bgColor=#ffffdd border=1] [TBODY] [TR] [TD align=middle colSpan=2][SMALL]Anti-Spam Bot-Stopper
Please type the text below into this field[/SMALL][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD align=middle] [STYLE type=text/css]    TD.at_r1 (vertical-align:bottom;)    [/STYLE]  [TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0] [TBODY] [TR] [TD][/TD] [TD class=at_r1 rowSpan=2]fu[/TD] [TD][/TD][/TR] [TR] [TD]goo[/TD] [TD]s[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE][/TD] [TD][INPUT size=10 value=goofus name=sauce][/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

Errr.... is this a word?
Bill Cosby.

|