So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Spent the whole day in Van. loved it.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Do tell, SD! What did you do? What places did you go see? Where did you eat? Did you bump into any hot chicks yet?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

this greek place on davie
this sushi place on seymour.
went everywhere.
tons of pics.

Lise

ARGH!!! Like it crashed on me again!!! WTH?

I've been to that Greek place on Davie. Good stuff there. What did you order? Hmmm... I'm so hungry, I feel like eating a donair kebab the size of SD! Hehe.

All I had was a measly chicken pot pie.

You were lucky you had such good weather coming down here. I hear it's going to rain for the next couple of days.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

it was tavernera? or something. Then the sushi place was Kishu House. Getting the hang of chop sticks. Took me forever! but I think I'm passing at this point. Still bad but passing.  

Lise

Good for you, SD! Keep practising your chopstick skills! I can't explain how to use it but keep on practising and you'll get the hang of it. Suggest you get those disposable ones and practise when you can. Lise Jr. practise with one of those fancy chopstick kiddie handlers but you can use a rubber band to tie your sticks together.

Did you enjoy the sushi?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

loved the sushi. Yeah my roommate was like, you're going to eventually live here, you've got to learn quickly.

there's some chop sticks in the cafeteria here. I'll take some for learning.
loved the sushi and the tea they give you to go with it.
I felt like I was home in the town. So easy to get around plus so many people walking the streets. So much to do to. Gosh if you like outdoor activities I don't know how you could go bored in Vancouver. And I didn't even venture into granville! lol
next time.

Lise

Yeah, that would be green tea that you're having. Good for you! I'm happy you're going to take the time to learn how to use chopsticks. Imagine using it for noodles in soup... now that's going to be interesting.

You should take up hiking, SD. Lovely mountains and trails. I'm sure you can find lots of wonderful trails in Nanaimo too.

Was it your first time eating sushi?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol no I've had sushi before at home. I learned that you shouldn't eat it with a diet coke/pepsi etc because it will make your stomach do flips. The tea was excellent. First time in a 'sushi restaurant' and eating with chop sticks.  

Lise

Hey, sometimes I drink pop with my sushi though not always. I'm heading over to a sushi joint tomorrow and I'm going to get pop with it. LOL.

What about raw fish? Do you like the sashimi?
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

OH! and I forgot, my roommate showed me this awesome korean/japanese food market he goes to a lot. H mart or hanahreum?. neat place, bought some korean food for the dorm.  

Lise

Never heard of the supermarket. Hey, you didn't answer my question!!! GRRRR!!!

The Koreans have really nice snacks. I can't remember but they've got the weirdest snacks you'll ever see. I dare you to try any of their squids or whatever snacks they have. Hehe.

Oh hey, do you know DATW? I'm over there, right now.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

yeah I like raw fish, I like everything. lol I couldn't be a food critic.  

Lise

Why? Cause you like food too much?

Anyways, heading off to Lala-land. Have a good night, Mr. SD! Nice chattin' with you and I look forward to seeing pictures. Don't forget to PM me those pictures!
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Here's the website to the market:
[a href="vny!://hanahreum.ca/"]vny!://hanahreum.ca/[/a]

|