So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I think jointing sand is meant to be set.  You need to flood it with water 2 or 3 times.  Lise.....aren't there instructions on the bag ?

One think I remember for sure, is to make sure there is no sand left on the concrete before you put water on it.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

PC - Burst function sounds interesting!  I've never heard of that, probably because my camera is verrrrrrrry basic.  I can imagine myself using that feature for baby's first steps or for my wedding photos where "now, you get to kiss the bride." :)))))  Thanks for mentioning that because I'll be looking for that feature for our next camera.

RUSS RUSS BABY!  HI HI HI!    

Lil Me - Maybe Jeckyl was tired?  Kids are good at throwing tantrums to test mommy and daddy's patience.... *sigh*

Lise - That's great to hear, Lise.  You'll find your job in no time.  :))))

Gophie - love your avatar!!

Today, we spent the day getting errands done.  Tomorrow, we'll probably go swimming. :)))

P.C.

It's a very cool function purelife.  I already don't know how I lived without one.  One source of great frustration with our last camera, is the time delay after taking a pic.....and nine times out of 10....the best pic is two seconds after you took the first one.

Burst rattled off about 40 pics.  It's great, because you then have the option of selecting the frame that best captured the subject....and dump the rest.

purelife

Oh, I know what you mean about the delay in between pictures, especially trying to get kids to sit still.  :)))

Can you program the burst just to do 20?  Or, are you stuck with 40.  

One basic feature that I enjoyed was the black and white option.  

Oh, and thanks for sharing those pics earlier.  I liked the one with the rippled waves.  

P.C.

Thanks purelife.  They weren't the best of pictures.  The one where you can see the side of the orange zodiac....the waters are FULL of dolphin.

The burst function is programable to whatever you like.  Hubby had it set on continuous.  It will keep taking frame after frame until you release the shutter.  (kinda like what model photographers do)  It's also great to catch the moments AFTER a posed picture.  Much nicer and more natural.

Lise

Waaah.... I don't know the picture you guys are talking about!!

No instructions on the 8lb bag of sand. Just that it sait, it's a jointing sand. I assumed you don't need water because it didn't say so. Anyways, I'm sure moisture will settle in as 49er say and it'll harden in time. The floor under the slabs were... shall we say, sufficiently moist so it's probably a good thing we had a barrier underneath.

I feel so sad for the little insects we had to kill in the way of progress. Hubby said centipedes are killers because they'll crawl into your ears and eat  your ear drums away. Way to say that in front of a 3 year old kid! Hmph!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

If it's a jointing sand Lise.....you will need water (lots of water).  I'm pretty sure.  Give HD a call....they will be glad to give you some tips.  Moisture won't be enough.  You have to flood it with water at least 3 times about 10 or 20 minutes apart.

49er

P.C. wrote:
If it's a jointing sand Lise.....you will need water (lots of water).  I'm pretty sure.  Give HD a call....they will be glad to give you some tips.  Moisture won't be enough.  You have to flood it with water at least 3 times about 10 or 20 minutes apart. [/DIV]
 If its just sand I agree with PC........you need lots of water to consolidate the sand and fill all the voids

P.C.

So if it's jointing sand, she doesn't need water ?

purelife

Evening... it's quiet in here..  

Dinner was chicken with caesar salad and then pumpkin pie.  mmmm..

49er

P.C. wrote:
So if it's jointing sand, she doesn't need water ?[/DIV]
 If its cement mixture you need water to create grout......but not too much to wash out the cement.  I suspect jointing sand is just sand filler. Flooding will also help wash the sand and fill the voids underneath the slab    

P.C.

There is some kind of compound in jointing sand.  (otherwise, I think it would just be sand.  Also, I'm not sure what IS in it, or what kind Lise has)  The only experience I've had with it, was setting paving stones. (mind you, that was a mighty long time ago)  and I recall having to soak the bejeezers out of it.  

49er

P.C. wrote:
There is some kind of compound in jointing sand.  (otherwise, I think it would just be sand.  Also, I'm not sure what IS in it, or what kind Lise has)  The only experience I've had with it, was setting paving stones. (mind you, that was a mighty long time ago)  and I recall having to soak the bejeezers out of it.  [/DIV]
 For pavers it's normally plain sand and the sand is vibrated into the joints to lock them together.....without a vibratory plate or roller the next best thing is flooding

P.C.

For pavers it's normally plain sand and the sand is vibrated into the joints to lock them together.....without a vibratory plate or roller the next best thing is flooding

That's true 49er.  

I think we used the jointing sand, because we made the pavers ourselves and didn't trust their integrity.....lol.   I had made them with rhubarb leaves set in them for a 'fossily' look.  [/DIV]

Lise

Uhm... OK. I'm so confused here. Maybe I'll just take a picture of the bag and show you guys when I get the chance.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|