So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

I forgot again about that.. its easter.

No wonder my buddy was talking about us doing a turkey this weekend. I think we will be hiding easter eggs around his house for something to do, lol.

Morning missy PL!  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Is anyone having ham for Easter? Tons of ham on sale now.

EDIT: Oh crap. I forgot. I have to get Easter eggs to hide them. Dang!  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Devil wrote:
Is rabbit stew ok to have for Easter supper?

Im sure its legal if you are the one that whacked teh rabbit with a 22 or something. :)

Naah, To be honest I have heard that many people are now having hams and roasts instead of turkeys at xmas, new years, and hollydays like easter.

Lise wrote:

I thought you're supposed to be vegan on that weekend?
  This sounds illegal somehow. No meat?

Devil

We don't really plans for Easter itself, except for driving back home. I guess I better get something for the junior Devil, maybe a chocolate egg?  

Lise

I'm not sure. I think you're supposed to be fasting or something like that before Easter weekend....? You know, to be humble because Christ died on the cross. Then on the Sunday, you celebrate with a big feast?  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Devil

Vegan? Isn't that cruelty towards humans?

Devil

Not sure Lise. sports may be able to fill that question in. he is in a bit of a bible belt no?

"Kill the Wabbit, kill the wabbit, kill the waaaaaaabbbbit!"

P.C.

Miss Pit wrote: LOL...take a video camera then...so we can see the carnage!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAA    Sorry....just playing catch-up.  

That period of fasting for 40 days before Easter is Lent.  Then you get to eat the ham.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Devil wrote:
Vegan? Isn't that cruelty towards humans?[/DIV]
     I'm guessing you're a carnivore, D?

Bill Cosby.

Russ

Devil wrote:
 Vegan? Isn't that cruelty towards humans?[/DIV]
 'bless'

purelife

I have no idea how to cook ham...

Lise

P.C. wrote:
That period of fasting for 40 days before Easter is Lent.  Then you get to eat the ham.

Fasting for 40 days???? Wow! I couldn't do it.  
Bill Cosby.

Lise

purelife wrote:
I have no idea how to cook ham...[/DIV]
   Say yeah..... how does one cook them? Y'know, those oblong shape hammie.
Bill Cosby.

Devil

Not sure about cooking ham. Must be some good recipes on the net.

I am drooling just thinking about it!

Yep, meat good, fire good! LOL!

Love my veggies too, but I gotta have meat.

P.C.

There are traditionally forty days in Lent which are marked by fasting, both from foods and festivities, and by other acts of penance

[A title=Penance href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penance"][/A]  Today, some people give up something they enjoy, add something that will bring them closer to God, and often give the time or money spent doing that to charitable purposes or organizations.

We used to have to give up sweets when we were kids.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

|