So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

I don't know what we're eating for Easter dinner yet.  My cousin is cooking.  I'm not a fan of turkey.  Like chicken better.

Purelife- you don't actually have to "cook" ham- you can warm it in the oven in a covered casserole (or wrap in foil) with some water or juice to keep it moist.

Thinking about a Last Supper meal on Thurs night.  Was going to have the kids look up what foods were eaten at that time in Israel.  I'm guessing some tomatoes, olives, dates, flat bread, olive oil.  Could be an interesting dinner project for anyone, regardless of whether they celebrate the religious aspects of the weekend.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Devil

Is that a Catholic thing? or a Christian thing in general? I think there may be a guy at work giving up a certain food for a month or so? I never really asked her about it.  

P.C.

Yup....was raised a Catholic girl.

Now I just eat the chocolate eggs. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/c025.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

Cook ham in a pan in the oven.

I tend to like puttng small slits in my hams so marination will be easier, I like to use maple syrup on em. In the slits on the topside I will put garlic on toothpics in them. As the ham cooks bring the marinade back on top.      
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Lil Me wrote:
Thinking about a Last Supper meal on Thurs night.  Was going to have the kids look up what foods were eaten at that time in Israel.  I'm guessing some tomatoes, olives, dates, flat bread, olive oil.  Could be an interesting dinner project for anyone, regardless of whether they celebrate the religious aspects of the weekend.

That's a pretty great idea, Lil Me. I think you should go for it. Let the kids learn about different food from around the world.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Lent is mostly practiced by more traditional denominations (ie Catholic, Anglican).  The ones that follow the liturgy- celebrating different events throughout the year.

For more Christians, Lent is a time of reflection.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

OMG, I'm SO inviting myself to Russ's place for some ham!  ;)  I'll eat everything first and b/f can come later. ;)    

Lise

Russ wrote:
Cook ham in a pan in the oven.

I tend to like puttng small slits in my hams so marination will be easier, I like to use maple syrup on em. In the slits on the topside I will put garlic on toothpics in them. As the ham cooks bring the marinade back on top.      Oooh, Russ. Sounds divine. I'm hungry enough to take a chunk outta of your sentence. *slurp*

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

P.C. wrote:
Now I just eat the chocolate eggs. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/c025.gif[/img]

Isn't that the best part?

Bill Cosby.

Devil

Cool!

Notice how in all the mafia movies, they are all Catholic?

This talk of ham and food is making me hungry!      

purelife

Prison Break hottie is on the bag of GAP.  OMG, all of us girls at the office are just drooling. ;)  LOL, it's hilarious!

Lise

Prison Break? What happened to that show? Is it still on?
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

I cooked a "smoked picnic shoulder once".  It's next to the hams at the StupidStore and cheap as stink.  It actually does need to be cooked.  I followed a recipe on the internet- you boil the thing for a while (it comes in a mesh bag, so it's easy to boil and drain) and then coat it in a mixture of syrup and spices.  It was a lot of meat, and really good for sandwiches.  

purelife

I think that it's still on.  It's a good show and my guy watches it all the time.  (monday nights, I think)

Lise

That guy looks good with a shaven head.
Bill Cosby.

|