So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Russ

Thats too bad purelife.. I can help you out if its about engines n stuff.

ITs a friday.. dont you have the weekend off? Whats the plans for you this weekend?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Ah.. I have a few aquantances that like to 'advise' on my devious ways, and tell me' oh! you MUST call me when you do this...' Yeah right

Could I get an example?

*sigh*  Bless yer Gopher.  You are reading my mind today. ;)  It's one of those days where I have no sense of humor and/or feel like laughing.  :(  teh sucks...

Sportsdude

i hate overitly religious people who have to proclaim their divine love toward their god every minute.  Seriously when I was religious I didn't go around saying "I believe in Jesus Christ blah blah blah and you're going to hell because you believe in the devil".

Nobody else that believes in another religion I know wants to stuff it down my throat any chance they get.  When I grew up with my group of friends that had muslims, jews, hindus, buddhists.  We all never talked about religion.  Yet the one evangelical friend I had (key word had) would make it be known that he was 'saved'.

Please, why do people feel the need to do that? I'm not religious anymore but I will go to bat for anyone who is religious because it is their right if they want to do so.  But I hate it when people proclaim that they're better then other people.

okay deep breath, end of rant. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I would have a lot of fun with your neighbor, Russ. :)  Hmmm, the things I'd say to her if she'd preach to me. ;)

Gopher

Those evangelicals are a pain in every orifice.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

I'd pretty much would tell her the same thing in my last post.  Only sect of people I know that proclaim their religion to anyone is hardcore christians, apparently.  Just keep it to yourself, I'd say nobody wants to hear you banter and making empty noise.  

purelife

no plans for the weekend yet. just the usual.  i have to check around to see if there are any activities happening this weekend... might go ice skating or something like that :)  how about you, russ?

Sportsdude

so you know what I'm talking about Gopher?
Its unbelievable then they come back at you like your anti-christian or something.  When they are the only religious sect that does this.  

Gopher

Yes I know it - well and truly. They're so entirely puffed up with self-righteousness that they haven't got an ounce of Christianity in their bones.

Russ

Well, lol, shes not the 'next door' neighbor thank heaven but a few doors over.

I honestly kinda like her, old and living on her own.. and sticking to her beliefs. Its fun to smile and wave to her, you see her scowl and start talking to herself.

I have helped her with some things and she is thankful.. then tells you she's going to pray for you. I think she's not all there to be honest but at least she's still doing her thing.  

Sportsdude

I feel like swimming.  My 24hr fitness place has a lap pool.  Time to start swimming again.  Doubt I have the endurance I once did. .  Pretty much when it came to free style swimming I was one of the fastest on my community team.  I did the 100m, 200m, 500m, 1000m events.  

Gopher

Russ wrote:
 Well, lol, shes not the 'next door' neighbor thank heaven but a few doors over.

I honestly kinda like her, old and living on her own.. and sticking to her beliefs. Its fun to smile and wave to her, you see her scowl and start talking to herself.

I have helped her with some things and she is thankful.. then tells you she's going to pray for you. I think she's not all there to be honest but at least she's still doing her thing.   .......................

Introduce her to DS so that she can bless us all.

purelife

Praying for you sounds nice.  I wonder what she prays for?  

I pray but do it in a different sense.  I don't put my hands together and start chanting.  I pray by thinking to self, for my friends and family and issues around my life.  I think about positive things and ask for answers.  Do you guys do something similiar?  Has it worked?  (meaning what you ask for comes true?)  

Russ

LOL @ gopher! No.. she doenst have alot of technology... and I wouldnt inflict her on anyone. She's harmless really, and I do feel sorry for her. But at least she keeps herself busy with her sermons.

My grandmother gets quite worked up as well, I have to work to keep her under control and distract her when she gets mad about something.. shes 94 and Im afraid she's going to work herself into a coniption, lol.

She's getting hard of hearing and its quite comical really.  

Gopher

purelife wrote:
 Praying for you sounds nice.  I wonder what she prays for?  

I pray but do it in a different sense.  I don't put my hands together and start chanting.  I pray by thinking to self, for my friends and family and issues around my life.  I think about positive things and ask for answers.  Do you guys do something similiar?  Has it worked?  (meaning what you ask for comes true?)   ....

Yes, I don't know if it brings any results in an objective sense, but from a subjective point of view you feel it's done some good - and from that feeling alone, it probably has.

|