So... Whats for lunch?

Started by kits, Feb 06 06 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

Good morning Lise, SD and anyone else who is lurking.

This morning has been pretty busy.  Honestly, who'd give me work on a Friday?  That should be illegal. ;)  tee hee...

Lunch is deli ham and cheese sammich with an apple.  Yum Yum.  I don't know what I'll have for dinner yet.  

purelife

Another option is to find full-time employment and work a year or two and then go back to school.  Or, you could work part-time and study at the same time.  Can you take out student loans?  

Those fees for BC Uni/College sounds mighty cheap.  I don't recall it being that cheap for anyone.  It's a lot more than that.  You sure 'bout that?

Sportsdude

Absolutely positive about the cost purelife for the BC school here's what it says right off its website:

$4850 per semester
 Where programs require more than 15 credits per semester - or when students choose to study more than 15 credits per semester, there will be an additional charge

That's for international and local students.  That's cheaper then my in-state public 4 year university here.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

Student loans are the suck SD!!

I still have about $20,000 to pay off but originally I had 30 so I guess I shouldn't complain!!

My semi-sister had way more than that after she became a doctor so she went and worked on an Indian reservation to get a chunk of her loan forgiven.

So can you get a student loan from a U.S. bank to go to a Canadian school?  
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Russ

Morning!!!!

Im happy happy happy this morning and not because I was up at 630 this morning.

Im drinking scotch and about to head out to costco..

hows everyone else's day going?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

good question tenkani.  I have no idea.  All I know is that the BC school is the better career path and it won't kill me at 40 with a heart attack due to stress like the other school's career path. lol    

purelife

Are you planning to take out student loans?  If you do, one word of advice.  Make sure and be positively sure that the courses you take will benefit in the end.  (meaning that you'll get an excellent job out of it)  I've seen many many people taking courses and then figure out that that Degree is NO GOOD in this day and age and then, they chose another path.  I would get into some sort of Designation.  Just my two cents.    

purelife

Heading out to Costco?  [FONT color=#8000ff size=5]OMGJELUX[/FONT]!>>>> Take me, take me!  

Russ

I would offer to bring you along, but you are stuck at work are you not? :(

SS is coming with me, shes got today off. I let her sleep in until I woke her up 20 minutes ago when I bounced on her while she was sleeping. she loves me :) Just not 20 minutes ago.

Sportsdude

Yup I know PL. Which is why I'm worried.

The Seattle school the more expensive one is a liberal arts college. That means only two career paths really. Poly Sci major with a minor in Social Welfare.  That means politics and or social worker/social activist which equals no money.

The BC school has a geography major which means I can go into another thing I'm good at which is Urban Planning.  That career path makes much better money and is less stressful then a career in yelling at people would be. lol

The only subjects I'm good at and always have been good at are geography, history, political science and I've flirted with the concept of journalism.

tenkani

Mr. SD, think of where you will get the money and remember that an actual student loan will have a much lower interest rate than other loans. So if you can't get a student loan for a Canadian school and have to get a higher interest loan it should factor into your decision.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

I'm confused tenkani could you translate that for me? :)  

Lise

Hi hi! Can't stay too long. Sucks to hear that SD. I hope you win the lottery soon. *sending positive karma*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Morning Lise!!

Hows things with you on this fine feathered morning.

Guess what? ;)

Im really happy and drinking scotch...

Lise

At this time of the morning, Russ? What's the celebration about? And can you send me some of that nice buzzing feeling you get when you drink it to me?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

|