The 'Good Morning' and such Thread

Started by Chicklet, May 23 06 09:41

Previous topic - Next topic
|

tenkani

P.C., I like the way you think.
I love your plant choices    :)

And yeah, unfortunately a lot of the better looking selections will require at least some additional water which is why I asked about the possibility of installing an irrigation system.

A simple drip irrigation system can be fine tuned so that the cost of water is pretty minimal and if you're planting under a water-hungry, shallow-rooted tree it makes sense.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Chicklet

Yeah an irrigation system would definately be something we could do but I have no problem standing in my lovely backyard with a hose for a while every other day.  I like to putter in the garden but don't know enough to have a graden that needs really specific care and lots of fuss.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

Sportsdude

Pardon my ignorance but why would someone need an irrigation system in Vancouver of all places?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Chicklet

Hey.  Watch it. >:(  lol

The garden will be situated under a large cedar tree and stays pretty dry so it may need some extra help.  Besides, it's hot and dry in late spring and all summer.
'In every group of human beings you will find a few specimens of below average intelligence, above average ego and spectacularly bad judgement.' - tenkani

tenkani

Not a dumb question, dude.
Cedars have very hungry, shallow roots so the soil under them tends to be drier than the surrounding landscape.

Sportsdude

Never saw a cedar tree til I went to Seattle and it blew my mind.  Anyway you guys don't know hot is until you've lived in the midwest.  It was 95 F (35 C) yesterday with 100% humidity and a hot breeze to no breeze at all and its not even July or August yet!

tenkani

Yowza. No thanks    

I'm really particular about climate and I wouldn't survive long in a hot/humid area.
TIME TO MOVE SPORTSDUDE!!!

Sportsdude

Tell me about! Can't stand the people, the weather, city or the landscape!

tenkani

Come on over to the left coast, amigo!!  

Chicklet

I have a cedar with your name on it.

Sportsdude

tenkani

ROFL.
You know you spend too much time on message bases when every other comment reminds you of a funny forum pic      

P.C.

LOL, tenkani.....I bet you're looking for it right now.

I just went for a drive along the beach, and the skies opened up lak hek !!!!!  WOW...it was impressive.....now everything smells so good.

I'm a putterer too Chicklet.  I can spend hours on end fussing in the garden but my knowlege doesn't come close to my patience.  I think gardening on any level is the most gratifying, of all things.  I never wear gloves as I love the feel of the soil (and the smell of good soil too).  It's such a peaceful....almost spritual feeling to be playing in the earth.

I hope you learn to post your pics.....before and afters would be wonderful.  (and when you learn how, pass it on...lol)  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Chicklet

I will pass along that info P.C.  You would think that I would have figured it out by now.  Too lazy I guess.

tenkani

Chicklet, are you here?
[div style="text-align: center;"]  [/div]

|