Hello Kitten

Started by Gopher, Apr 24 06 11:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

I'm not sure whether I feel sorry for them or envious. We've had thunderstorms circling around us for weeks but 'nothing happens'. A good 'cooling off' would be very welcome.

By the way, I forgot to say how delighted I am to learn that you have been declared fit to live and that consequently you are not in imminent danger of being put down (put down where - one wonders).  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

Let us consider possibilities.  A dry well, perhaps, or down the drain?  Or putting me down with disparaging remarks?
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Gopher

No one in their right mind would EVER put you down with disparaging remarks, so I guess it's either down a dry well or the drain.Then again, there are lots of people (apart from politicians) who are decidedly NOT in their right minds.    

kitten

That is the truth!  I often feel that I'm surrounded by mindless dolts who seem happiest when offering advice that no sane person would take.

Gopher

I've always noted, that those who are most free with their advice are the ones least qualified to give it. They seem to relish talking down to us from the heights of ignorance!

kitten

That's the trouble when they're too dumb to know that they are dumb.

Gopher

Maybe you mean that they're too deaf to know that they're dumb?

Gopher

Wonderful to have you back! (May I draw your attention to the vintage drug ads thread? - It may help to prevent further bouts of sickness).  

kitten

Wonderful to be back!  I missed this place.

Gopher

It missed U2

kitten

A music band???

Gopher

Yes, and you as well. Good to see you've been polishing your wit in your absence (what did you use?).

kitten

First I washed my mind thoroughly with soap and water, and then polished it with lemon polish to give it that tartness it requires.  

Gopher

I hope you didn't forget to dry it!

I wonder why we were always cautioned about changing our minds? Did they really want us to have those which were, if not unclean, then slightly soiled?  

kitten

I used my hair dryer and then buffed it until it shone.  The leomon polish makes my brain smell nice.

|